Descrizione del lavoro
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director & Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
This Culinary position for Addison, our Fine Dining Restaurant, requires fundamental culinary skills or related experience, as well as good communication skills. This is a fast-paced position.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Addison standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Ensure assigned station is ready for service, with all menus items.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Prepare all guest orders on time including special requests
- Complete a proper requisition ensuring all products has been order for following day.
- Return all food items not used on shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Control food waste, loss and usage.
- Perform directed instruction from a manager and/or supervisor that is within reasonable standards of health or orderly business operations
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Understanding of daily culinary operations, able to assist other team members before and during service
- Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
- Ability to make soups, sauces & stocks
- Ability to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Ability to perform basic knife skills
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- High school or equivalent education required.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Requires manual dexterity to use all equipment including silverware, stemware and computers