Descrizione del lavoro
Food & Beverage Manager
As a senior department head, this role strives to continually improve guest and colleague satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in F&B Division overall.
Manage all F&B outlets/banquet/bar operations and colleagues on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Amaya Restaurant, Lobby Bar, IRD, Pool, Cent’Anni, Clubhouse Grill and banquet functions. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and colleagues to successfully execute all operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- The ability to lay out goals and develop strategies to accomplish said goals.
- Forecasting and scheduling using hotels tools and guidelines.
- The ability to oversee the initial and continual training of all new and current food and beverage service employees, conducting training classes for both management and hourly staff on a regular basis.
- The ability to control standards, performance, employees’ conduct, dress code, appearance, sanitation, etc. according to established policies.
- The ability to formulate and recommend changes to improve employees’ performance and teamwork.
- The ability to review performance with every department manager on an annual basis.
- Develops analyses and implements merchandising that meet the profile of The Grand Del Mar and guest patronage. Manages and controls overall expenses of the outlets focusing on higher revenue and profit.
- The ability to ensure that managers convene with their employees to ensure total knowledge as to all menu items, how they are prepared, what ingredients are used, etc. and total knowledge of beverage program.
- The ability to work in co-operation with the Chef and Sous- Chefs to ensure quality of products and guests satisfaction.
- The ability to participate in Department Food and Beverage meetings.
- The ability to keep informed of special events such as Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.
- The ability to review log emails produced by departmental managers on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system of hotel.
- The ability to keep the waste factor in the hotel at a minimum level.
- The ability to ensure that managers maintain inventories and par stocks.
- The ability to ensure that all equipment is kept in perfect working condition. Reports any deficiency to the proper department.
- The ability and skills to manage beverage stock properly as well as wine & cocktail list elaboration and maintenance.
- Financial knowledge must have working knowledge of Profit and Loss statement.
- Awareness of and control beverage cost.
- Awareness of budget and control expenses.
- Ability in all facets of Human Resources nature. Interviewing, evaluating, discipline, termination.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is in charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- The ability to maintain current prices and approved purveyors listed based on quality, service and cost of all related food and beverage items for requisitioning purposes, store inventories, cost control procedures and forecasts.
- The ability to aid each manager in giving the necessary training to their staff and to assist them in it.
- The ability to develop new and analyze existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage under the guidelines of The Grand Del Mar policies.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- The ability to complete accident reports accurately and promptly.
- The ability to converse with upper management on a regular basis.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The expectations of this role are listed below but not exclusively restricted to this listing. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a colleague in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Being the instigator and involved in on the floor training and coaching/counseling of the colleagues and operational teams
- Directing the team and ensuring standard and sequences are being adhered to at all times in the areas pertaining to this position.
- Ensuring the teams are meeting the required Forbes and LQA standards at all times
- Assisting in busy periods of need across the Food and Beverage department when required to ensure guest satisfaction and maximum guest satisfaction whilst providing support for leaders and colleagues within food and beverage.
- Managing guest expectations and handling any issues that may arise to ensure that 100% satisfaction is secured.
- Shift work schedule rotations will apply to this role -evening, weekend and late night coverage will apply to this role
The Ideal Candidate will have the ability to:
- Control and maintain standards, performance, colleagues conduct, grooming, appearance, sanitation, etc. according to established policies.
- Review performance with every department manager and LEAD on a weekly basis in the form of structured catch up meetings and on an annual basis in the form of a performance review
- Assist the Director of Food and Beverage to manage and control overall expenses of the outlets focusing on higher revenue and profit
- To schedule and participate in monthly Department Food and Beverage meetings, daily briefings and departmental shift line ups
- To manage key events for the hotel with the Director of Food and Beverage and to keep the hotel informed of special events such as Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc and to ensure the key departments are prepared for such events
- To review the daily log book on a daily basis.
- To assist the Executive Steward in the management of waste to be mindful and alert to Planet 21 project initiatives
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in perfect working condition. Reports any deficiency to the proper department, and that the teams are completing regular outlet walks with engineering.
- Must be able to calculate and control food & beverage cost.
- Understanding all facets of Human Resources nature. Interviewing, evaluating, discipline, termination.
- Managing all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is in charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Develop new and analyze existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage under the guidelines of The Fairmont Grand Del Mar policies.
- Develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and executive.
Your experience and skills include:
• Excellent reading, solid proficiency in English, writing, reading, speaking.
• College degree preferred studies in hotel/restaurant management, business administration.
• Require minimum five years of restaurant management experience at a department head level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS