Descrizione del lavoro
Transforming Lives Through the Power of a Job
Bridges from School to Work (Bridges) is recognized by leaders in education, government, and business as a fundamental resource for helping young adults with disabilities transition from school to the competitive work place. Established by the Marriott family and operating through a service agreement with Marriott International, Bridges is in twelve major cities across the United States, serving young adults who often have multiple barriers to employment.
Bridges is currently seeking an Employer Representative (ER) for our Boston site. The ER role involves collaborating with Boston Public Schools to identify, recruit and enroll young adults who receive special education services. After enrollment, you will work with the young adults and a variety of local employers to create successful employment matches with potential for long-term job retention. ER's are evaluated on the number of participants placed and retained in employment, and by the quality of all services delivered.
- Assess skills, interests, and aptitudes of youth.
- Identify employment-related barriers and create specific, practical strategies to address them.
- Develop relationships with local businesses that can offer jobs consistent with employment objectives of participants.
- Provide appropriate pre and post-placement support to both youth and employers to optimize employment success and vocational growth.
- Achieve job placement and retention quotas
Are you a fit?
Empathizer—You listen to the goals and objectives of both young adults and employers to help them achieve mutually beneficial employment outcomes. You seek to understand.
Communicator—You demonstrate cultural competence in adapting your communication style to different audiences. You gather needed information and share resources easily.
Activator—You drive for results. You enjoy turning challenges into opportunities. Job placement outcomes are important, and so are your contributions to the team and the program overall.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Goal-oriented high achiever
- Strategic and organized
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the unpredictable
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can balance autonomy with producing quality results
- Demonstrates integrity and accountability
- Current driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle or public transportation for transporting youth