Descrizione del lavoro
Chef de Cuisine - Spectrum KitchenEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Chef de Cuisine - Spectrum Kitchen, your expertise in recipe development elevates our menus while your leadership inspires and fosters our Culinary talent.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Chengdu Hotel and Residences is located in the center of the new Tianfu Hi Tech and Banking district of Chengdu and is adjacent to the Exhibition center and new Global Center. It features 336 guestrooms and 61 luxury residences in the hotel tower expected to open in 2016, as well as 382 luxury residences in two adjoining residential towers (opened in 2014). As part of the Palm Springs International Center, it is connected to a 42,100 square meter luxury retail mall. The Hotel boasts a Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, large Banquet facilities and a collection of F&B concepts including the “Cube”, a 3 story lobby lounge and Sushi bar, Art of China our Chinese Restaurant with outdoor seating garden, Spectrum our all day dining room and a signature Art Deco Restaurant and Night Club “Manhattan” on the 42&43 floor of the hotel. Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Conduct daily shift briefings to All Day Dinning Kitchen Colleagues
- Manage inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and the issuing of supplies and equipment for food production
- Cost menus accurately
- Ensure All Day Dining Kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with the All Day Dining Restaurant Manager to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!