Nikkei Restaurant Assistant Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Outlet Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Centre, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Centre includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall.The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan.Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Nikkei Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Initiatives to aid with the continued development of the Hotels’ positioning as a leader in Food & Beverage service and as a Food and Beverage destination.
- Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest service.
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of the outlet colleagues and leaders, anticipating and ensuring prompt, courteous service.
- Ensuring that Nikkei Restaurant maintains a first class and positive visual impact including; ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
- Working together with the Restaurant Manager and the Outlet Sous Chef, to develop new menu ideas and promotions.
- Working with the teams to create new ideas and promotions resulting in increased opportunities for Food & Beverage Sales.
- Working with the kitchen, stewarding and all restaurant leaders to ensure and promote that teamwork is a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Assist with recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring an adequate balanced staff and leadership level while maintaining forecasted productivities.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all guests and colleagues.
- Monitoring and continued development of food & beverage controls.
- The continuous development and performance management of all colleagues and leaders in Nikkei Restaurant.
- Facilitating setting goals for Nikkei Restaurant leaders.
- Ensuring all training processes are set up and maintained for all leaders and colleagues.
- Reports suspicious people, parcels, and behaviors to Security.
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Minimum one year experience as Assistant Manager in a fast paced, high quality and successful F&B operation
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking and analytical business thinking required
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must be computer literate and analytical
Visa Requirements:The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Accor; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!