Descrizione del lavoro
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director and Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Superlative knowledge of Food and Beverage, including all aspects of service and food preparation is a prerequisite for employment as a Captain at Addison. In addition an introductory level Court of Master Sommeliers certificate of completion or similar industry standard in required to accommodate the guest's needs in finding a wine selection among the restaurant's thousands of bottles.
Assist bartenders in the bar prior to guests seating.
Assist host/hostess in seating guests at appropriate times and at the appropriate table.
Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Requires exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
Must possess basic computational ability.
Must possess basic computer skills.
Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
1 Year experience in high-end fine-dining bar or high volume bar.
High school or equivalent education required.
Management experience preferred.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use all equipment including silverware, stemware and computers.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers and printers.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the USAPPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Tipo di lavoro
- A tempo completo
- Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA, United States
- Comincia tra
- Il prima possibile
- Durata del contratto
- A tempo indeterminato