Descrizione del lavoro
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation. Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Agronomy, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of the golf course; schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Minimum of a two year associates degree in turf grass management from a recognized college or university; must be a Qualified Pesticide Applicator in the state of California.
- At least two years’ experience in golf course maintenance.
- Must be able to operate all equipment used in golf course maintenance.
- Should have participating knowledge of the game of golf.
This person must have exceptional communicational skills, as well as superior guest service abilities.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the construction and maintenance of golf course tees, greens, and fairways; of the production and maintenance of various types of turf used on golf course; of the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, trees, and shrubs; of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; of pesticides and pest control methods and materials; of drainage control methods; of the computerized watering and irrigation systems including wells, pumps, and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports; and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
- California Pesticide Applicator’s License.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- May involve lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Must adapt to extremes of temperature and inclement weather from outdoor working environment.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!