Descrizione del lavoro
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation. Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Fairmont Grand Del Mar standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Ability to read BEO
- Cooks on carving station, pasta, omelet and stir fry stations
- Ability to work all banquet functions
- Ability to cut, trim and bone meat prior to cooking
- Ability to wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetable to prepare them for use
- Ability to have a positive relationship with other departments
- Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
- Ability to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V