Descrizione del lavoro
Pastry Jr Sous Chef
- Plan in conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef and outlet chefs, promotions, and menu implementations according to the annual plans.
- Attend the chef meetings in absence of the Pastry Chef and ensure that all designated action points from daily chef briefings or monthly operational meetings are being followed by the individuals concerned.
- Plan co-ordinate and supervise all pastry menu implementations in a timely manner with necessary plating guides, recipes, food pictures and costing completed prior to implementation
- Create and develop new pastry dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Conduct checks of all dessert mis en place and buffet set ups in all outlets prior to meal periods to ensure quality and consistency of pastry products
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures are properly adhered to, following hotel policy and recorded accordingly.
- Prepare evaluation report for all pastry employees as required by policy and procedure.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action to resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Responsible for the pastry food cost as well as pastry kitchen operating supplies, and kitchen utensils.
- Assist in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists for the pastry.
- Ensure consistent quality of all food stuffs purchased, monitoring quality at receiving point, ensuring the purchasing specifications are met.
- Do not entertain unannounced visits from food or material suppliers. All outside company representatives must conduct business through the chef’s office only
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness
- Conduct weekly inspections and walk throughs of pastry kitchens, together with Executive Sous Chef, Engineering & Stewarding Departments, monitoring maintenance and ensuring good working order of operating equipments, and clean hygienic kitchen with documented follow-ups.
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of all Pastry areas with the stewarding department and lead HACCP program in the Pastry department
- Be understanding of the labour budget of the pastry kitchen
- Ensure that all pastry employees report for duty in each outlet with correct uniform in a timely manner
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Support Hotel Committees
- Support Service Plus Recognition Program
- Ensure Employee engagement Survey Goals are met
- Ensure grooming standards are met
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management
Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great. Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Must have hospitality experience in China
Must be fluent in Chinese Mandrin
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps