Descrizione del lavoro
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Fitness Manager will be responsible for the Fitness Center as part of California Health & Longevity Institute and Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. Must have strong managerial acumen and interpersonal skills to ensure a high level of service, cleanliness, and overall functioning of the Fitness Center. Work closely with Director of Operations, CHLI Assistant Manager, and Exercise Physiologists to ensure all Service Culture and Core standards are met in our Fitness Facility including guiding his/her team in the upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all areas of the Fitness Facility and to provide outstanding customer service.
The responsibilities of the Fitness Manager also include knowledge of emergency procedures and safety, group fitness program administration, staff hiring, training and supervision, exceptional customer service skills, and overall facility management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include but not limited to the following)
- Produce and execute quarterly and annual action plans.
- Oversee the hiring, management, training, and scheduling of full, part time and per diem staff whose positions include exercise physiologist, exercise specialist, exercise coordinator, personal trainer and group fitness instructors to successfully operate the fitness center and fitness programs.
- Schedule activities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Plan activities in advance. Ability to coordinate special events, promotions and other required management duties as assigned.
- Oversee execution of group exercise component, assist in the development and promotion of the program.
- Process employee payroll, fitness instructor and per diem payroll.
- Address and resolve member concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Manage fitness center, locker room and indoor pool facility related issues; including Service and Culture Standards compliance
- Schedule and train Fitness Attendant team.
- Manage and schedule fitness equipment maintenance.
- Complete purchase order processing for any fitness center needs.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with the Engineering, Laundry and overnight cleaners as a support system to the Fitness Department.
- Ability to conduct weekly walk through with CHLI Leadership (and any additional department needed) to ensure maintenance and cleanliness of facility.
- Ability to enforce procedures and regulations with guests and employees.
- Ability to create inventory lists, manage par levels effectively, and order all products and amenities used in the Fitness Facility, Indoor Pool, KFAS and TFAS.
- Ability to develop concept and ROI for new ideas for product and programming enhancement.
- Oversees Membership Sales Coordinator and assists with fitness center tours and information to promote membership.
- Assist sales site tour visits and new employee (Embark) orientation and tours
- Competent at rendering first aid/AED/CPR.
- Ability to comply with all Empact Work Rules & Standards of Conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Business or equivalent experience
Preferred Experience: Fitness or Wellness Experience preferred (minimum of 3 years) or 3 – 5 years hotel operational experience
2-4 years providing customer service in fitness environment preferred.
Experience in dealing with high volume of guest inquiries.
Skills and Abilities: Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
This position requires a high degree of independent judgment and discretion in decision making.
Good personal & professional references.
Working computer skills and knowledge including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet. Delphi and Opera a plus.
People oriented with positive attitude, professional appearance, and strong customer service skills.
Proven problem solving skills and sound judgment.
Demonstrated ability to efficiently multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to function independently and as a team player with strong work ethic.
Willingness to work flexible hours.
CPR training (preferred)
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf