Descrizione del lavoro
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Commercial Director – Hilton Singapore Orchard is responsible for developing a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize total revenue and profit performance as well as market share penetration of the hotel. This role will drive the planning and execution of the commercial strategy and activity through supporting the Revenue Management team, Sales, Catering and Events, Marketing, eCommerce and Public Relations teams, through working effectively with area support teams. F&B commercial activities will be shared responsibilities with the Director of F&B, Director of Operations, General Manager and the Commercial Director.
The Commercial Director is a role model for the commercial community within the owned and managed portfolio in SEA and develops teams and individuals in these functions whilst being a key business partner to the Hotel General Manager. This role is key to seize new opportunities through strong customer relations and works as an ambassador for the company with our owners and key stakeholders.
The role ensures that commercial management strategies are set for all revenue streams and that all systems are used to their full potential to yield the highest possible amount of revenue from all available space, whether in Rooms, Meeting Space, outlets or other revenue departments. Driving overall FMS results gaining an Unfair share through a disciplined execution of commercial activities.
What will I be doing?
A Commercial Director – Hilton Singapore Orchard will lead, coach, develop, recruit and retain future talents. He / she will manage performance, develop and evaluate the commercial team members on the agreed KPI’s, whilst working effectively as part of a 4D structure on property. Specifically, a Commercial Director will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Directly accountable for driving the Top Line Budget and Forecast by implementing a commercial strategy and business plan through to execution using the Hilton Worldwide Commercial Focus process and all available business tools and intelligence available. Deliver as a minimum the budgeted revenues across all revenue streams, to include but not limited; All Rooms, GC&E, F&B, Leisure and Spa with a control on cost of sale, route to market, channel shift and marketing / Ecommerce opportunities.
- Work with the GM, Finance and Operations Director to ensure profits are maximized in line with TGOP and EBITDA targets set.
- Ensure Business Review Guidelines (current to +5 years) all Pricing & Rate Quotation Strategies are in place in order to maximize all pricing components of sales and catering opportunities and achieve positive group market share.
- Support various On Property, RDOS’s, and Area Marketing teams in coordinating hotel level marketing, sales and public relations activities. Liaise with regional support and brand teams to provide maximum benefit to hotel performance.
- Support the Cluster Revenue Managers / On Property Revenue Manager and RMCC to establish an optimal mix, review and validate forecasts, develop strategies for different demand periods, and review and approve retail and group pricing strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, owners, hotel teams, HWW matrix support teams to ensure commercial benefits of the hotel.
- Liaise with Regional General Manager, presents commercial strategies to Regional Team and key stakeholders.
- Consistently conform to Hilton brand standards and corporate identity and utilize all communication tools (under the guidance of regional marketing and BPS).
- Keep in touch with market trends and review / amend strategies accordingly in line with the evolving market conditions.
- Participate in the leadership activity of the Hotel and Region.
What are we looking for?
A Commercial Director – Hilton Singapore Orchard serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum 8+ years of hospitality / travel industry experience in a revenue generating or commercial services role.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience presenting sales plans, presentations, etc. to senior level executives and constituent groups.
- 3+ years of experience working in a collaborative / matrixed environment.
- 3+ years working with departmental financial data to make strategic / tactical decisions.
- 3+ years of experience evaluating and identifying business opportunities for a business.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a sales or commercial team.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 3+ years working in a multi-complex hotel / travel industry environment.
- Experience in multiple disciplines with knowledge of Marketing, E-commerce, and Finance.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!