Descrizione del lavoro
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SILVERTONCASINO&cws=53&rid=2263
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
ABOUT HOTEL DROVER
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® property, offering a truly unique guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Our goal is simple. To harness the true spirit of the Stockyards through the legacy of the drover, creating an experience that can only be achieved here in Fort Worth. Proud of where we came from, we greet visitors with a tip of the hat and a firm handshake, welcoming all to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and genuine Texas hospitality.
So, dust off your boots, grab your hat and join us at Hotel Drover.
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of the Fort Worth Stockyards while caring deeply about our brand and community – someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring financial and operational success of Hotel Drover. This person is responsible for all accounting functions within the Hotel Finance Department, and is instrumental in ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly property financial statements, subsidiary journals, taxes and licenses and external reporting requirements.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Hotel Drover and the Fort Worth Heritage Development to life.
We have poured our passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand – and we know that the right controller for Hotel Drover will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief
in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of month-end closing procedures, monthly financial statements, and budget documents.
- Responsible for daily bank deposits, maintenance of house banks and petty cash funds, verifying postings and night audit reports, credit card transfers, AP, AR, and inventory controls.
- Responsible for management and review of general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Adhere to all policies stated in the team member handbook.
- Work in alignment with our shared values and act as an extension of our family of brands.
- Provide timely, accurate financial reports.
- Responsible for all documentation and implementation of all accounting policies, processes, and standard operating procedures.
- Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principles each month.
- Primary responsibility and accountability for regulatory and filing issues.
- Participate in developing overall operating guidelines and principles for property.
- Assist with the Shared Services team in the implementation process for effective P&L review for the property and each department.
- Administer all filings for licenses, taxes, contacts, etc.
- Review and advise on daily, weekly and monthly operating reports to the property.
- Provide regulatory reports.
- Create a department that is proactive and responsive and schedule, evaluate, train, develop, and monitor team members.
- Provide tools and metrics for departments to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of their work.
- Approvals as per approval matrix.
- Identify and supervise additional accounting staff needed to effectively service the property.
- Ensure clean financial audits.
- Position is responsible and accountable for financial reporting to Ownership, Management Company, Shared Services, accounting controls, and accounting systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
- Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales and F&B Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments .
- Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancements.
- Assist with consolidation of budgets and projections with the Shared Service team.
- Assist Departments in budget preparation.
- Provide management with operational reports.
- Prepare on demand reports, and review daily reports.
- Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from accounting perspective.
- A love for the history and future of the FW Stockyards.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
- Minimum of 5+ year(s) of experience required.
- Full-service hotel experience.
- Highly skilled in spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in financial and Hotel software applications (Infinium, Opera).
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Workplace culture with heart and soul.
- Wellbeing benefits for you and your family.
- Paid time off.
- Career experience of a lifetime.
OUR SHARED VALUES
- HIT THE MARK, EVERY TIME
- STAY CURIOUS
- SPARK WARMTH
- DO RIGHT
- HONOR ALL
- BLAZE NEW TRAILS
- BE INTENTIONAL
This company is an equal opportunity employer.