Descrizione del lavoro
Do you see yourself as Cluster Assistant Spa & Recreation Manager for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
The main responsibility of this role is to coordinate the delivery of all recreational guest services, including the gym, spa and pool operations. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Managing the department P&L in line with targets agreed upon
- Provide strong leadership to the team
- Create and manage the full spa inventory of products, linen and equipment
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of all recreational facilities and equipment
- Ensure all cleanliness and FLS standards are in compliance without exception
- Support Spa & Recreation team in a positive manner with day to day duties and ensure all standards and SOP’s are being followed to maintain quality in the operation and the guest experience
- Actively participate in hotel management meetings
- Delivery of hotel-wide and departmental communication
- Conducting annual and mid-year performance reviews
- Coaching and regular feedback sessions of employees
- Implementation of departmental specific training programmes
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results
- Delivers by meeting tough deadlines and uses specific performance measures to track progress and improve future performance
- Takes steps to follow through, ensuring tasks are fully completed; independently checks to ensure accuracy and quality
- Develops detailed understanding of the market and guests need
- Challenges the way things are done; identifies areas requiring change and suggests ideas to support the change
- Identifies opportunities to improve profitability of own area
- Implementation and maintenance of brand standards and standard operating procedures
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Minimum of two years of similar experience in a 4* or 5* hotel
- Able to coach, train, manage and develop skills of a large team of employees
- Good knowledge of P&L Reports
- Good English communication skills are essential both oral and written
- Able to achieve departmental targets within the allocated budget
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly (Communication)
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.