Descrizione del lavoro
Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Security Manager and within the limits of InterContinental Hotels Group Standards, Policies and Procedures and local requirements, has responsibility for monitoring and implementing the company safety and security policies and procedures. Promotes the desired work culture around the five Winning Ways values of Aim Higher, Work Better Together, Celebrate Difference, Show We Care and Do the Right Thing of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- To oversee all daily duty locations and responsibilities of Security Officers. Coordinate a smooth daily operation as per the department standard and Managers direction, ensuring effective communication and information exchange between the management and security staff.
- To ensure all Security Officers are aware of and adhering to the company Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts an effective shift hand over, including briefing all staff of relevant events and information, taking possession of departmental property and responsibility for their safekeeping.
- Initiates investigation of crimes committed against property and persons, writes incident and accident reports, monitors investigations to their timely conclusion and ensures appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors, employees, reports and documenting contacts.
- Be correct, secure and courteous in handling any disciplinary or criminal case.
- Observe and report all identified violations of company Policies and Procedures, suspicious activities and criminal acts to Company Management.
- Responsible for the security of the Hotel’s assets including but not limited to guests, colleagues, contractors and visitors.
- Observe and report to company management all identified security hazards.
- Maintain a high level of discipline & punctuality along with regular attendance as required by the standard.
- Record all observed incidents on a daily log of incidents and submit same to Company Management.
- Conduct locker checks in line with Human Resources when requested.
- Coordinate functions with other security staff or external agencies such as Police, Civil Defence and other government departments, promoting good will with them.
- Be alert for any unusual packages, guests or vehicles, taking appropriate action if located.
- Be thoroughly familiar of the property layout, design, entry and exit points.
- Ensure that the Security Control Room and Fire Control Rooms are never left unattended.
- To attend regular training within the department.
- Make way by escorting VIPs and dignitaries when directed and direct traffic away from Lobby and other busy thoroughfares.
- Attend to all guest inquiries and requests immediately, with respect and to a high standard of customer service.
To strictly adhere to the hotel’s policy on confidentiality and ethics
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Security supervisor license from SIRA Dubai
- Excellent communication both written and oral in English
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
- Customer driven, Culturally adaptable, communicates well and works with all level of people
- Good Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
- Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years experienced in a Security Supervisor role within a 5 Star Hotel or similar industry.
What we offer
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.