Descrizione del lavoro
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That is where you come in. When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Exclusively positioned on the banks of the River Torrens, InterContinental Adelaide provides luxury city centre accommodation. The hotel is located next to the Adelaide Festival Centre, Convention Centre, and Casino. A short walk from the hotel and you will find yourself immersed in cultural North Terrace.
As Executive Sous Chef you will report to our food and beverage manager and direct all kitchen activities across the hotel including restaurants and bars, in-room dining, and banquet operations. This critical role is at the heart of driving menu design and creating memorable culinary experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, and inventory functions kept to our high standards - to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly.
Additionally, success in this role will be leading the team to maximise financial performance, continuously driving both revenue-generating and cost control improvements, maximising profitability, whilst leading a positive and productive work environment for others.
You will have demonstrated capability in influencing and impacting business strategy and exposure to working in an innovative culinary environment with ongoing concept design and menu engineering. You will have proven ability to work alongside a team and collaborate with key stakeholders; invoking the ability to explore new ways of working around how we can engage & inspire the colleagues and deliver on modern culinary experiences.
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Experienced – 5 years’ experience as a chef & at least 3 year in supervisory capacity
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Qualified – Completion of your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and well make sure you will have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com