Descrizione del lavoro
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role:
An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking Bartender to join the Food & Beverage team at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. Your main duties will include:
- Take orders from customers and Waiter/Waitress in a timely, professional and friendly manner.
- Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks according to Beverage Recipes.
- Serve alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages according to defined standards.
- Collect money for drinks served and process financial transactions according to Jumeirah International cashiering procedures.
- Order liquors and supplies utilizing the FBM system.
- Arrange bottles and glasses attractively.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenish bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Ensure that all stock is established as per par levels and stored according to Jumeirah International Food Hygiene Standards.
- Ensure that the mise-en-place of the bar i.e., condiments, tray cloths, cocktail napkins etc. are ready for service as per the requirements of the individual outlet and expected business level requirements prior to opening.
- Ensure that the guest is presented with the correct order and that all drinks are prepared and served as agreed in the standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of cocktails, beverages and wines to advise the guests and colleagues when necessary.
- Undertake opening, closing & cleaning tasks as detailed on checklists.
- Inform Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager of any stock losses, problems or unavailable items.
- Assist in the stocktaking of beverages and operating equipment.
- Coordinate with Stewarding to ensure equipment and bar area is kept hygienically clean and tidy at all times and sufficient glassware is available for the levels of business.
- Control and rotate stock on a FIFO (first in first out) system.
- Ensure the checking of expiration dates and that all perishable garnishes are stored and recorded in designated storage area.
- Display a responsible attitude towards the service of alcohol to ensure minors are not served and intoxicated guest are politely refused service.
- Demonstrate some ability & independence in problem solving.
- Communicate details of complaints or issues that could result in complaints, loss of business, productivity or profit to the Outlet Manager or Beverage Manager.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.