Descrizione del lavoro
Kempinski San Lawrenz
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Gozo is perfectly located in blissful countryside and surrounded by 30,000 square metres of beautiful hotel grounds and semi-tropical gardens, Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz features 140 elegant rustic rooms and suites as well as a range of distinctive dining venues for all occasions and tastes.
Commis de Cuisine (Full-Time)
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz has an opportunity for a Commis de Cuisine to join our Kitchen team. The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparing the mise en place, handling food preparation and assisting with food presentation as part of the kitchen brigade.
- Kitchen equipment is prepared for use.
- Communication is polite and displays courtesy to guests and internal customers.
- Familiarity with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures is displayed and equipment is operated safely and sensibly.
- Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures is demonstrated and it is ensured that all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- HACCP is implemented and practiced.
- Prepare kitchen equipment for use.
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for menu items.
- Prepare simple food items and food for service.
- Assist with checking, receiving and storing of goods.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Clean kitchen and equipment.
- Handle waste and linen.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and high standards of personal hygiene.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Skills & qualifications:
● Eligibility to work in European Union is a MUST (i.e. only European Union citizens can be considered, as work permit is not provided for this position).
● Fluent English communication skills, Maltese is an advantage, any additional language would be a plus.
● Minimum of one year’s work experience in a similar position in hotels/restaurants environment.
● Catering School experience
● Availability to work in different shifts and during the weekends and public holidays.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Tipo di lavoro
- A tempo completo
- San Lawrenz, Malta
- F&B Cucina
- Comincia tra
- Il prima possibile
- Durata del contratto
- A tempo indeterminato
Kempinski Hotels San Lawrenz
Are you looking for a new challenge while enjoying life on Malta's beautiful sister island Gozo? Then apply today!