Descrizione del lavoro
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to create innovative floral décor and lead floral installation for the hotel lobby, Guest Rooms, Restaurants, Spa and other public areas, and also functions and events.
- Check the floral arrangements in all areas on a daily basis for their condition – trim, water and replace flowers if necessary.
- Liaise with other departments to obtain their flower requirements and check if anything special is required.
- Liaise with Housekeeping Supervisor for requirement of flower arrangements for arrival rooms, VIP rooms and in-house guest rooms or for any other special occasions .
- Liaise with Banqueting team to ensure the flower arrangements are as per the function sheets and ensure if any special colors or style is required.
- Liaise with Housekeeping Coordinator to ensure the all guest requests (special room arrangements) are fulfilled on timely manner.
- Prepare the request form for all fresh flowers according to the requirements and seasonality.
- Handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner – feedback guest complaints to Team Leader – Housekeeping / Assistant Manager promptly.
- Respond to changes in the Housekeeping function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities in the Housekeeping Department as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a hotel
- Training / Professional Certification as a Florist is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of fresh floral product and design technique
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon
which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl Doha
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001BP