Descrizione del lavoro
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events.
The overall scope of this role is to coordinate and manage all operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department.
- To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks.
- To ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties.
- To continuously research and find new and alternative products to improve the operation and reduce costs.
- All operational needs are met consistently and in a timely manner.
- Best products are obtained at the best quality and price available.
- New products are continuously sourced and hotel is kept up to date with latest trends and products.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities.
The Purchasing Manager fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotels as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to the Company’s current and future hotel, regional and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department and their region.
*A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with latest trends and products.
- Responsible for working together with the Chef in order to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing market list and offers daily.
- Responsible for ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
- Responsible for monitoring slow moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regards to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas are secure, organized and clean.
- Responsible for supervising, training and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
- Responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
To fill the position, one of the following is required:
- 2+ years as hotel purchasing manager
- 5+ years in diverse hotel purchasing roles
- 4+ years in purchasing managerial roles
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills
- English – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Sound cost analysis and cost management skills
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to operate computer and mechanical equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective computer software is a plus
- Knowledge of food handling, quality control and local regulations
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Discover a career crafted by you!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001GV