Descrizione del lavoro
- To ensure that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established business, budget and marketing plan as set by Kempinski.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to and that the Point of Sale system is updated and operated correctly.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventory, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all Operating Equipment and Supplies (OS&E).
- To ensure that restaurant premises, Furniture Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E), silver, glass, porcelain etc. is clean and in good working order.
- To ensure reservation requests are carried out accurately.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings with employees on daily specials, VIP guests, events and entertainment as well as expected budget figures.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Assistant F&B Manager if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted Food & Beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
- To ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force. Maximize utilization of employees and maintain close cooperation with other Food & Beverage outlets.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for the cashier and their maintenance.
- To handle voiding, correcting, changing of restaurant checks in accordance with the prescribed procedures and account for all checks used during each shift.
- To ensure that prices and portions are offered in accordance to food and beverage profit objectives.
- To increase the sales/profits by assisting in the implementation of a sales & marketing plan using strategies such as in-house and up-selling activities, promotions, events etc.
- To be visible on the floor during time of operations.
- To work pro-actively to minimize complaints from guests.
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock checks.
- To maintain the outlet communication board.
- To maintain the Daily Log Book.
- To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
- To report “Lost & Found” items, and handle them in accordance to the Policy & Procedures.
- To attend weekly Food & Beverage Meetings and conduct Daily Pre-shift Meetings.
- To provide the Purchasing Department on time with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items needed in the outlet.
- To submit to Food & Beverage Office the following: Monthly Outlet Report, Holiday Review, Monthly Objective Review, Trainer’s Report and Entertainment Event Report.
- To attend and contribute to all hotel and departmental staff meetings and trainings.
- To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
- To stay abreast of applicable liquor laws, hotel rules and restaurant limitations.
- Conduct outside sales calls in co-ordination with the Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Sales.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- To select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Have a full working knowledge and ability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks, in assigned place of work, accordingly to the standards as set.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To have complete understanding of the Hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Hotel Management Diploma/Degree an asset.
- Fluent at oral and writing English
- 3-5 years experience in a 5 star hotel in similar position
- Building teamwork
- Developing others
- Motivating others
- Planning/ Organization
- Problem solving & Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Managing Performance
- Teamwork/ Cooperation
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Customer service orientation
- Change Management
- Enthusiastic and pleasant personality
- Able to exert fast-paced mobility for period of up to 4 hours in length.
- Knowledge of cashier operations
- To be able to work with Micros and the Table Management System.
- Knowledge of hotel products and services
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Suzhou China
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Apr 14, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200000IA