Descrizione del lavoro
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
With 326 guest rooms and 31 suites, Mandarin Oriental, Miami is located in Brickell Key and is a prime location for both business and leisure guests. It is an urban resort with Miami’s only private beach.
Overview of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take a leading role in the Main Kitchen, supporting the Executive Chef, leading and inspiring the team to create a 5 Star environment.
The Executive Sous Chef is expected to be a team player, anticipate guest needs, and provide guests & colleagues with a friendly experience. Sous Chef responsibilities include:
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by the MOHG Colleague Handbook
- Assist the Executive Chef to create and develop creative and innovative menus for assigned food and beverage outlets.
- Assist the Executive Chef to create recipes, pictures, and plating guides for all menu items.
- Enforce all of the HACCP & FLHSS safety rules and regulations.
- Check cleanliness of stations.
- Expedite the food orders.
- Schedule and monitor daily line-up.
- Assist the Executive Chef in making weekly schedule according to forecast.
- Coordinating opening and closing procedures for the kitchen.
- Keep the Executive Chef informed with the amount of daily overtime.
- Control and be accountable for the food and labor cost goals.
- Train and develop colleagues.
- Assist with ordering products following purchasing procedures.
- Inspect food products when delivered from purchasing for quality.
- Inspect colleagues’ daily mise en place to ensure that all food products are rotated and top quality.
- Control par levels of mise en place
- Approve quality standards of all dishes leaving the kitchen- temperature, allergies, presentation and flavor.
The Executive Sous Chef will report directly to the Executive Chef.
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the similar position, preferably in a luxury setting.
• Flexible schedule is required, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Excellent organizational skills and communication skills are necessary.
• Must be able to work in a high-pace and dynamic operation.
• Must be detailed oriented, excellent computer skills necessary.
• Have a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner.
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
• Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest.
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and to delighting our colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: 20 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time