Descrizione del lavoro
Mandarin Oriental New York
Position Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: The Director and Assistant Director Food and Beverage
Supervises: Servers/IRD Servers, Coordinator, IRD Order Takes,
Job Level: Management
Location: Food & Beverage
Area Covered: F&B
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 24 countries with 12 hotels in Asia, 6 in The Americas and 12 in Europe, Middle East, and North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 11,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans.
The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for our legendary service hospitality
The Hotel Mandarin Oriental Hotel New York will be the Flagship Property operated by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Management USA Scope of Position
Position on the Front of House (FOH) management team tasked to organizing the service staff efficiently, overseeing reservation seating, leading the welcome to the guest as they enter into MO Lounge, and constantly circulating the dining room searching for opportunities to improve service. They are also tasked with organizing the IRD service staff and coordinators and overseeing amenity set ups as well as IRD events/junkets. This position is responsible for assigning maintenance and service tasks to staff for optimal performance, following through with guest requests and complaints, and effectively meeting the needs of the F&B Managers and the Assistant Director Food and Beverage.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of all menus, all ingredients and techniques including but not exclusive to:
- Curent à la carte cocktails.
- Curent prix fixe menu cocktails.
- Current beers, both in bottle and on tap.
- Current wines by the glass.
- Current a la carte food items.
- Current prix fixe menu food items.
- All spirits on current menu.
- Participates in pre-service meeting to properly communicate to the service staff the special reservations, dietary restrictions, changes to food and beverage menu items, and expectations of the day’s service.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of food and beverage marketing activities as directed by the Director and Assistant Director Food & Beverage
- Maintains and communicate FOH department control and cash handling procedures.
- Assists in the training of new hires and continuing education programs for current staff.
- Assists with organization of private events as directed by the Director and Assistant Director Food & Beverage.
- Ensures the maintenance and compliance of alcohol safety regulations.
- Ensures that The MO Lounge and IRD service team meets and exceeds guest expectations
- Greets guests and maintains welcoming atmosphere with the goal of establishing return guests.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Supervises and manages set-up and break-down of dining room before and after service.
- Instructs staff of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Maintains and sets expert level example of guest relations.
- Anticipates guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodates all requests for information courteously.
- Communicates Person of Note (PON) arrivals and special requests to fellow management.
- Responds to guest complaints with the utmost professionalism and represents the brand at all times and balancing the guest’s best interests with the company’s.
- Monitors and ensures that all aspects of service conform to departmental and brand standards.
- Ensures that MONYC standards are met at all times.
- Accountable for upholding MOQA, FORBES, LQA, LQE standards at all times
- Fully comply with all FLHSS&E and Safe & Sound Procedures standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Food & Beverage.
- Fills in for any FOH position when needed and applicable, including but not limited to: set up, serving, cleaning, and hosting.
- Assists with the maintenance of time and attendance punches of all FOH employees.
- Administers verbal and written testing to FOH staff of menu items as the Director and Assistant Director Food and Beverage
- Reports on the day, guest experience, staff performance, and unusual happenings during end of service report.
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Clients
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality.
- Responsive and genuine with customers.
- Sustains performance.
- Confident with customers.
- Working with Colleagues
- Communicates a compelling vision.
- Inspires co-operation and commitment.
- Adapts work style and ethics appropriately.
- Actively listens and builds on other ideas.
- Effectively understands and uses resources.
- Is culturally sensitive.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Maintain excellence in leadership abilities
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Has energy and drive.
- A sense of urgency.
- Motivating individual.
- Communicates clearly.
- Open to feedback and learning.
- Possess potential to grow.
- Being the Best
- Achievement orientated.
- Makes things happen.
- Has presence.
- Has positive impact and influence.
- Generates, innovative options.
- Adapts plans to suit change.
- Seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Takes a helicopter view and keeps in focus.
- Understands and knows the business market.
- Clearly understands effective operating of a hotel.
- Develops and implements strategy.
- Adapts strategies to changes.
- Aligns plans to strategies.
- Continuously seeks new opportunities.
- Playing by the Rules
- Operates ethically.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Acting with Responsibility
- Can identify core issues and problems.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Accepts feedback.
- Coaches’ others.
- Manages responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in proper English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide legible written communication in English.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions including but not limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in restaurant service position with three (3) or more of these years having been in a supervisory role.
- Minimum Twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the FOH department.
- Providing exemplary guest care and hospitality.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the FOH department, including but not limited to those of service, budget, sales, and training.
- Leading by example and demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff.
- Associate’s Degree in Hospitality or related subject matter.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and/or food service.
- Any previous culinary or bartending training.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Certification in alcoholic awareness program.
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.
- Prior formalized guest relations training.
- Prior formalized restaurant server training and experience.
- Ability to use restaurant POS and other computer systems.
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
- TIPS Certified
- Knowledge of national and international restaurants/bars of similar award caliber, theme, or price point.
This description for Food & Beverage Manager has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The Food and Beverage Managers will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by the Director and the Assistant Director Food and Beverage.
Advertised: 21 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time