Descrizione del lavoro
Marriott International seeks a dynamic, creative and innovative Marketing Manager to drive the integrated strategies designed to position 5 hotels located in Munich – The Westin Grand Munich, Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel, Sheraton Munich Westpark, Aloft Munich and Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central – competitively on the market. The role will have a strong focus on demand generation, brand-strong guest experiences and creative engagement that drives both local and international loyalty.
The Marketing Manager will manage all offline and online routes to market, demonstrating intuition and leadership in all aspects of the marketing mix. A key focus will be to maintain and grow the hotels’ international reputation within the Transient Leisure and Meetings and Groups sectors. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that each hotel has a strong food and beverage marketing plan in place to help position and drive footfall into the hotels’ restaurants and bars. Strong creative programming is also an essential output for this role.
The position has 1 direct report, the Marketing Executive for the Munich Complex, and reports directly into the Director of Sales and Marketing Munich Complex, with dotted line report line into the Area Director of Marketing, Central Europe.
Within the confines of each hotel’s marketing budget and business requirements, this position will be responsible for developing and activating innovative marketing initiatives which will improve key financial and customer metrics for the hotels and their venues.
Key job functions:
- Fulfill a marketing leadership role within the organization: Analyze the hotels’ competitive strengths / USPs, develop hotel / outlet positioning and communicate core consumer messaging that clearly differentiates the hotels from their competitors
- Direct and support needs of the market and property to ensure maximization of all channels in collaboration with the Digital Field Marketing Team
- For each hotel, develop a content-led marketing plan and integrate across key channels to communicate hotel positioning and brand passions to target audience. This includes photography, video, copywriting and other forms of storytelling content, ensuring delivery in adherence with brand guidelines and hotel positioning.
- For each hotel, develop a Social Media strategy that has brand and hotel positioning, content marketing and optimized budget as a key priority.
- Drive the positioning / activation of multiple restaurants and bars on the local market. Work with internal and external resources to define clear positioning for each outlet that resonates under the overall hotel positioning. Develop & implement local marketing and PR activities, (including event strategy / programming), aiming to engage with locals and increase capture ratio.
- Drive brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotels’ messaging and guest experience
- Develop and deliver tactical marketing campaigns across all segments and in line with business needs, including programmes that represent strategic opportunities for the hotels and and venues.
- Manage marketing budget and deliver targeted activations with identifiable tracking and ROI mechanics implemented and reported at all times.
- Pro-actively identify and manage relevant marketing partners to raise hotel awareness, drive demand, deepen loyalty and enrich brand experience.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to represent the hotels in coordination with the hotel management team in community and industry organizations and events, always mindful of events that might be relevant for hosting at one of the hotel’s venues.
- Focus on increasing engagement with local loyalty programme members through the organization of events and enhancing guest experience with Elite Members on property.
- Support sales team with the creation of marketing collateral and tactical promotion associated with the key market segments, (e.g. Groups, Weddings, Suites).
- Ensure full compliance with all brand marketing standards & Programmes
- Manage and build yearly development plan for direct report.
In addition to the essential functions above, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotels:
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments, specifically in relation to the repositioning of the Restaurants/Bars and Brand Activation efforts across all departments.
- Be a leader and role model to all associates.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Develop monthly/quarterly updates and wrap-up reports to hotels’ and regional team highlighting the different marketing activities.
Professional attributes, skills & experience:
- 3 years in a marketing role or relevant hospitality experience.
Experience in leisure marketing and brand partnerships.
Excellent command of the German and English languages - both written & spoken.
Have strong project management skills with the ability to connect with many different stakeholders both internally and externally.
A natural and proven ability with social media, especially Facebook, Instagram
Superior analytical skills required as well as knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Strong communication and presentational skills.
Desire to set best practices and share successful initiatives with sister hotels within the Group.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred in Marketing.
Management experience preferred but not required.
Personal qualities & attributes:
- Energy, enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude – essential
- Bright spark with initiative
- Hard working, determined and tenacious
- Strong project management skills
- Results driven
- Highly practical with plenty of common sense
- People person and team player
- High degree of personal loyalty & integrity