Descrizione del lavoro
You will work closely with the German and UK Trading Teams and provide rigorous analysis and insight, to validate our agreed trading strategies and tactics, support effective decision making and maxim...
Role: Commercial Analyst
Location: Holborn (flexible)
Salary: £33,000 to £47,000
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you’re there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you in.
You will work closely with the German and UK Trading Teams and provide rigorous analysis and insight, to validate our agreed trading strategies and tactics, support effective decision making and maximise revenue and occupancy. Providing dedicated resource to analysing trading outcomes and the impact of price strategies within Premier Inn Germany (whilst also analysing UK estate performance where required), you will also work across the matrix to ensure performance is well understood and effective data-driven interventions are taken.
What you will be doing:
- Leveraging all available sources of trading data and MI, you will ensure trading tactics are executed effectively, whilst working with the Pricing & Events team, to maximise revenue and occupancy performance of key events and instances of exceptional demand.
- Implementation, measurement and optimisation of agreed Trading strategies and tactics across the DE (and UK where required) estates, to ensure rigorous delivery of performance at a site night level.
- Supporting the Trading Analytics Manager to communicate key trading insights through performance reviews, in-line with the business cycle process and aligned to commercial plans defined by German Trading team and Commercial Leads.
- Utilise all available MI to identify risks, issues and opportunities to improve revenue delivery, then work with the German Trading team and Commercial Leads to formulate and implement appropriate changes to our trading tactics, to maximise performance.
- Support the Trading Analytics Manager in small and step-change development of trading tactics, reporting and KPIs.
Open to you:
- Highly analytical in your thinking and approach, able to draw on your ability to identify trends and patterns in trading performance data, turning this into insight and formulating action plans.
- With proven analytical capability combined with strong interpersonal skills, you will deliver and communicate complex performance insights to multiple stakeholders
- Experience using SQL for data manipulation and analysis in a commercial environment
- Proven data manipulation and visualisation skills, with good presentation capability. Experience in Tableau desired.
- Where required, you should be confident to explore and discuss challenges with your peers and the Trading Analytics Manager, working collaboratively to find effective solutions to complex trading issues.
- You will be able to balance the demands of immediate trading performance and longer-term strategic objectives as defined by the TAM and Commercial Leads. Short-term trading performance will necessitate an ability to assimilate information and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. Longer-term strategic objectives will require a more deliberate and collaborative approach.
- A good communicator, with a proven ability to manage your own workload and time effectively, with flexibility to balance the priorities and changing needs of multiple stakeholders.
We’re 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we’re more than that. We’re the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation’s favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night’s sleep guaranteed people. We’re also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it’s the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We’re a constant in a changing world, and we’d love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we’re waiting and so are our brands.
Benefits, you ask? Well there’s a lot of great perks to enjoy when you’re in. A competitive salary goes without saying, but we also provide up to 10% annual bonus, flexible working, private BUPA healthcare cover and brand discounts to name just a few.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
01 Jul 2021
15 Jul 2021