Descrizione del lavoro
Supervises the specialty restaurant kitchen area and food prep staff. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food prep for the hotel's specialty restaurant. Responsible for the efficient operation of Chinese Kitchen to include the strong support for Banquets and other culinary outlets. Works with the Food and Beverage management team and associates to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensure best result in Balance Score Card. Responsible for producing and presenting food in line with Restaurant positioning. Maintains guest relations and entertains Media whenever is required to promote the restaurant itself.
· Supervises specialty restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
· Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the specialty restaurant.
· Assists Executive Chef and Sous Chef with kitchen operations as necessary.
· Performs all duties of kitchen associates as required.
· To conduct an effective monthly associate meeting with minutes to Executive Chef and HRD
· Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
· Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
· Estimates daily specialty restaurant production needs; communications production needs to key personnel.
· Assists the Executive Chef and Purchasing Manager with specialty restaurant menu planning and food purchasing.
· Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
· Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (Health Department) regulations.
· Coordinates specialty restaurant food production and plating with the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Restaurant Manager.
· Assists in monitoring promptness of service and food pick-up procedures.
· Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Knows and implements Marriott's 70 Point Safety Standards.
· Helps the Executive Chef research and test new food products in conjunction with Company initiatives.
· Participates in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
· Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
· Orders associate uniforms according to budget and ensures uniforms are properly inventoried and maintained.
· Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
· Understands and maintains all standard recipes on the ChefTec software or Use Record system.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Interacts with guests/customers, community, Company representatives, vendors and local education systems as needed.
· Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
· Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
· Enforce the Marriott food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests.
· To be responsible for the accurate supervision of the associate time and control and payroll systems by working with Accounting and HRD.
· To develop and implement Manager, Supervisor & Associate training plans on a quarterly basis in conjunction with HRD.
· To implement a departmental daily “15 Minute” training program.
· To be responsible for the execution of Culinary Management reviews and appraisals in a professional and timely manner.
· To supervise all aspects of Associate management including hiring and discipline in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
· To conduct an effective monthly associate meeting with minutes and P&A forwarded to the Executive Chef and HRD.
· To be responsible for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
· Conduct a preventative maintenance inspection on a monthly basis.
· Ensure all Managers and Associates follow all job safety regulations and all hazards are reported to Loss Prevention and Engineering.
· Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all his food production areas, strictly enforcing our “Clean as you go” policy through out all reach-ins, walk-ins and freezers
· Attend daily kitchen meeting as scheduled by Executive Chef.
· Good communication with next shift, ie. Leaving notes if no one is around to relay messages.
· Be in proper uniform and have good overall appearance at all times. It is the most important to set an example.
· Set an example of professionalism at all times and maintain a positive attitude.
· Work to improve food sales while managing the manpower hours and controllable items to increase profit.
· Make sure all production for the Restaurant or any specific event is completed before leaving. Check all associates production to make sure all are completed and ready or use for the following shift.
· Ensure all items in kitchen and storeroom are properly covered, dated and rotated at the end of your shift.
· Accurate inventories are to be taken at the beginning of each shift. Do preparation sheet and production charts.
· Maintain F&B concepts and Mission standards fro preparation & presentation.
· Ensures the Hotel delivers to guests: “Simply Fresh Chef-crafted Food”.
· Carry a monthly self-inspection and make sure the Culinary department is compliant with the Brand Standard Guidelines.
· Practice “open door” policy at all times.
· Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation.
· Responds to guest inquires or concerns within 24 hours in what is deemed the appropriate manner.
· Follow and implement Prime times during operation hours.
· Perform any reasonable request made by the management which is not life threatening or against the law.
· Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description as its sole discretion and without advance notice.