Descrizione del lavoro
Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Miramar Beach is looking for an F&B Assistant Manager to join the Food & Beverage Team !
This position requires someone who is highly motivated and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the Food and Beverage outlet functions, in accordance with hotel standard operating procedures. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Is personally responsible for the proper training and scheduling of the service staff in their field of responsibility.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of menu items including:
- All liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets
- The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- All food menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation, and prices.
- Maintenance and inputting menus for the Micros P.O.S.
- Daily occupancy, arrivals/departures, V.I.P.'s.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Correct maintenance and handling of equipment. Inspect, plan, and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Prevents loss of equipment and assets by enforcing strict controls.
- Exercise Serving it Right parameters and maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and impaired driving.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Requisition linens required for business and assign staff to transport to outlets.
- Meet with the Head Chef to review daily specials and unavailable items. Ensure that staff is aware of such.
- Supports the Chef in the creation of new items for the outlets based on guest feedback and sales records.
- Review sales for the previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track revenue against budget.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document and report to the F&B Manager any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate required breaks for staff.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations that compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Constantly monitor and document staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel. Handle disciplinary problems with a manager and counsel employees according to hotel progressive discipline standards.
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness, and agreement to departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Ensure that a specified number of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period.
- Check the pick-up station and side stations, ensuring agreement to standards of cleanliness, the supply of stock, and organization.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six-step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- To be team-oriented and to be able to cope with high volumes of business and adjust accordingly.
- Constantly monitors the market trends
- Ensure all fire and safety procedures are followed
- Ensure that the reputation and image of the Food & Beverage operation be retained and improved at all times
- Maintains an excellent reputation in the eyes of the public, the owners, the guests, and the staff. Searches for new business, follow up leads, receives and entertains potential customers, and exercises good PR with repeat customers
- Flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends.
- All other duties as required.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner whilst at work.
- Be known for being honest, reliable, confidential, and trustworthy.
- Ensure guest and employee privacy and security by respecting confidential information
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management and other members of the management team in a timely manner.
- Be proactive, ask questions, and be responsible for the action or lack of action.
- Attend and complete the resort’s organized training sessions and programs as and when required.
- Attend and participate in the hotel and departmental meetings and briefings.
About Rosewood Miramar Beach
Rosewood Miramar Beach features 161 ultra-luxury guestrooms across 16 acres, including a glamorous Presidential Residence, a Bridal Suite, and multi-bedroom family bungalows nestled among rolling lawns and mature landscaping. Guests are treated to estate-style service, entirely personalized to complement their every need. Amenities include an oceanside bar and restaurant with an outdoor terrace, a signature restaurant, two swimming pools, a Sense® spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, beach club, and a screening room. In addition, the resort offers 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space including a 6,000-square-foot ballroom.
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary Room Nights
Connect with us
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RosewoodMiramar
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rosewoodmiramar