Descrizione del lavoro
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Work with the Area Director of Human Resources, participate in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resources function, including recruitment, training and development, colleague relations, social activities and maintaining colleague records.
- With a high level of integrity, creativity and personal commitment to service excellence, inspire an emotional sense of gracious hospitality through personal professionalism, exemplifying what it means to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience.
- Provide administrative support within the Human Resources department.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies and actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, and open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Assist the team in recruitment activities, including TMS (Talent Management System) or other application software(s), pre-screening initiatives, reference checks and assist with the interview process.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of HR related documents.
- Maintain a positive, professional and confidential rapport with all Colleagues in the hotel and ensure a cohesive, collaborative approach to working relationships.
- Assist with keeping colleague information, recognition programs and notice boards up-to-date and participate in establishing and managing open, effective communication.
- Participate and assist in colleague engagement activities.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Customer Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Organizational skills – Superior office administration skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills and be able to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to details.
- Functional knowledge – Demonstrates knowledge and competency in technical areas of HR including organizational development, progressive employee relations and work environment, recruitment, training, benefits administration, employment legislation, policy and program development.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication with 100% fluency in English, ability to write correspondence related to the position.
- Approachability - Through personal presence, must be highly visible / approachable to Colleagues, Managers, Executives and other Shangri-La Colleagues.
- Decision-making and problem solving – Responds promptly, accurately and reasonably when making decisions, ultimately ensuring successful problem solution.
- Emotional maturity - Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical conduct and responsibility – Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest diplomacy of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Technology proficiency – Fully competent with current Windows based programs.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Previous Human Resources/Administrative work experience (hotel/hospitality background, preferred), an asset.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act and Ontario Labor Law, an asset
- HR Management and/or Hospitality Degree.
- Must hold a valid Canadian work permit to be eligible.