Descrizione del lavoro
Manages overall operations of Health Club and Fitness Center. Responsible for guest and employee
satisfaction as well as meeting standards and financial goals. Develops and implements marketing strategies
for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Education and Experience
· High school
diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or
related professional area.
· 2-year degree
from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel
and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the
recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Health Club and Fitness Center Operations
day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
· Develops and
implements menu of classes and services, including special programs.
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Manages outside
· Orders and
maintains necessary supplies and ensures workers have supplies, equipment,
tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
· Manages pool areas,
including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness.
· Ensures all
facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
work/repairs as needed with the Engineering Department.
· Maintains and
enforces safety standards and procedures with the recreation staff.
appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures
are followed by all members of the recreation staff.
· Assists with
major equipment purchases.
special programming for holiday weekends and heavy transient time periods.
· Plans and
implements special recreational opportunities for resort guests as business
· Develops and
implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Serves as a
role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily
services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs,
providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Oversees all
Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective
action is taken when needed.
· Identifies the
developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping
others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Hires, trains,
and monitors development of recreation staff.
· Participates in
the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
· Coordinates all
training activities for employees in department.
· Encourages and
builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also
open to raise questions and/or concerns.
· Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
· Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Recreation/Fitness Center Services - Knowledge of fundamentals related to fitness and recreation on land and in water.
o Fitness Instruction - The ability to provide instruction on fitness to groups or individuals, including leading fitness classes (e.g., aerobics, spinning, strength training), instructing on proper warm up and stretching techniques, demonstrating exercises to meet specific needs, and identifying when someone should not exercise (e.g., they have identified a medical condition on the Health Questionnaire or they are showing signs of distress while exercising). This also includes the knowledge of national training certifications (e.g. AFFA, ACE, NFPT) required of trainers.
o Fitness Equipment - The ability to use, demonstrate, and maintain fitness equipment, including weight training and cardio machines and core/stability training equipment. This includes knowing the purpose of each machine, the muscle groups it targets, how to use it safely, and understanding machine settings and their associated function.
o Public Speaking - The ability to speak clearly and accurately convey information when speaking to large groups of people of all ages. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the target audience.
o Generating Enthusiasm - The ability to convey energy and enthusiasm for recreation activities and to share that enthusiasm and excitement with other employees and guests.
o Group Activity Planning - The ability to identify, create, and/or develop unique and creative activities that are enjoyable and safe for guests. This includes knowledge of activities that are appropriate and interesting for different target groups (e.g., children of various ages, older adults, males, females) and at a variety of activity levels.
o CPR and First Aid - The ability to identify and apply basic first aid treatment to injured persons until they can be taken for medical care (e.g., bandaging cuts, applying pressure to bleeding wounds, and soothing burns). This includes knowledge of CPR and first aid procedures and supplies (e.g., bandages, ointments).
o Payment Process - Knowledge of policies and procedures involved in processing different types of sales transactions and payment methods, including credit cards, personal checks, traveler checks, coupons, gift certificates/cards, or store credit strategies.
o Water Facility Maintenance and Safety - Knowledge and ability to treat and maintain water for use in primary outlets (e.g., rooms, restaurants, recreation, sewage).
o Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.