Descrizione del lavoro
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
MacCall Management is a unique, independent hotel group based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We also own and operate the Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites brand, celebrating 25 years of exceptional guest service by “delighting every guest, every day, one at a time.” We believe and live our core values of SERVE. Safety, Excellence, Respect, Value, and Efficiency.
At Staybridge Suites, our Sales Managers are responsible for direct selling the hotel, development of transient travel through negotiated terms, and management of all meeting room facilities (catering) for the purpose of maximizing profits of the hotel. They draw from previous sales experience with a knowledge of hotel operations along with company and brand provided training to exceed guest satisfaction.
About the Job
- Establish and maintain all contractual agreements for group room blocks with review by the Home Office.
- Develop and grow various markets and transient travel through negotiated terms, such as corporate or medical segments.
- Develop wholesale relationships that complement the overall hotel strategy.
- Solicit all market segments by using phone, in-person and virtual visits, trade shows, and other established strategies.
- Establish and maintain all contractual agreements for meetings (catering) facilities.
- Manage maintenance of all meetings room, equipment, and food and beverage for catering. Must work with other departments to service the meeting space under their guidance.
- Responsible for meeting banquet event orders (BEO), coordinating specific departmental duties for events.
- Provide hotel site inspections for meetings, groups, conventions, corporate accounts, and all other markets.
- Responsible for posting all payments for group rooms and meetings.
- Maintain corporate file maintenance under the direction of the General Manager.
- Develop marketing and promotional strategies, targeting needs under the direction of the General Manager and Home Office.
- Maintain proactive sales and marketing plans under the direction of the General Manager and Home Office.
- Increase market share by using Agency360, finding business from the competitive set, and maximizing the production of current corporate accounts, etc.
- Analyze the Smith Travel Research (STR) weekly and monthly reports and report findings to the General Manager, Revenue Manager, and Sales and Operations Manager.
- Assist in preparation of department budget and overall sales objectives of the hotel.
- Maintain good communication channels with other hotel departments relating to group activities and general operations of the hotel.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly revenue meetings to review upcoming group or events.
- Maintain current and prospective client database, ensuring accessibility and compliance.
- Utilize best practices with regards to system-wide sales policies, strategies, and programs.
- Utilize best practices of revenue management by working closely with the Revenue Manager.
- Responsible for updating associates relating to competitive changes and area events.
- Understand and execute effective sales prospecting methods.
- Review sales practices and revise strategies to meet current and future sales goals under the direction of the General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Control group blocks input to property management system (PMS). Attend monthly review with Revenue Manager and send in group resumes for all applicable groups under company guidelines.
- Complete required sales reports and surveys in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Goal orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to follow and understand instructions.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 1-2 years of customer service related experience preferred.
- 2-3 years direct sales related experience required.
- 1 year sales manager experience preferred.
- 1 year experience with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHC) preferred.
- 1 year experience with extended-stay brand hotel preferred.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Pet benefits for Full-Time Associates
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Pay for Grades for Dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Programs for Associates and Dependents
- 401k Retirement benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Dress code flexibility