Descrizione del lavoro
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Melbourne will feature 257 luxury hotel suites with breathtaking views. Upon arrival, guests will enter to the hotel lobby via the porte-cochere and take a direct elevator straight to the hotel’s sky check-in on level 79, offering panoramic views across Melbourne’s CBD and beyond. Occupying the top 17 floors of an 81-storey tower, the hotel will offer guests access to a range of amenities designed to truly enhance their travel experience, including: Day Spa, Destination Restaurants and bars, Concierge services, function rooms, Business centre, 500-seat grand ballroom and Outdoor garden terrace. The hotel is projected to open in Q4, 2021.
The Director of Marketing and Communication leads the team of Marketing Communication managers and coordinators that tell the story of a property, its brand, and the experience the property offer to guests. The Director of Marketing and Communication leads the on-property marketing and communications team, and works in conjunction with above property marketing teams for portfolio-level and area-level guidance. This role is the champion for developing and implementing the hotel’s annual marketing and PR strategy that drives positive image, awareness and customer preference; ultimately this should drive hotel sales and revenue. The Director of Marketing and Communication will draw on their own expertise to help guide the team of associates at their property, and should provide strategic oversight on how to engage customers across channels. The incumbent needs to be savvy in all forms of marketing media and be able to tailor his or her hotel’s spend on these media in ways that meet changing customer expectations. The Director of Marketing and Communication needs to enable their teams to create and execute campaigns, and regularly assess the effectiveness of the hotel’s marketing communications strategy, including public relations, advertising, electronic marketing, direct marketing, internal marketing, partnership marketing, promotions, graphics and collateral, so as to support the marketing objectives. The Director of Marketing and Communication should be the first point of contact for local or national media on all events going on at the hotel; likewise, this position is responsible for planning how to drive PR buzz about the hotel in local and national media. This responsibility also includes ensuring effective pull through and adherence to brand standards and guidelines, as well as tracking and reporting results. The role promotes and maintains good communications in order to enhance the prestigious image of the hotel and by doing so contributes to the revenues of the hotel.
Education and Experience
- Valid working rights in Australia.
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of equivalent work experience; preference in minimum 2 years experience in this position or 5+ years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for certain positions).
- Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To: Work in close contact with the general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong communication and customer service skills.
- Openness to adapt to different cultural contexts
based on location.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Strategy and planning
- Develops an annual Marketing Communications plan with specific goals and budgets, with a focus on maximizing value from digital and traditional media considering segmentation mix and market dynamics.
- Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures the team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Orchestrates strategic implementation of the hotel’s marketing communications activities.
- Reviews and measures marketing activity effectiveness on regular basis and optimizes plans according to goals.
- Monitors marketing activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry and share key learnings on a regular basis.
- Updates hotel executive committee on the status of programs ensuring follow-through and property “buy in” on customer service needs.Determines appropriate budget to support communications initiatives and allocations by hotel business units.
- Prepares monthly outlook/forecast for related expenses and returns to management as scheduled.
- Responsible for developing new product/programs and guest services in all revenue earning departments, consistent with the goal of exceeding guest expectation.
- On an ongoing basis, develop and implement a comprehensive plan of action that addresses;
- Brand marketing
- Public relations
- Social Media
- Partnership marketing
- Sponsorship marketing
- Loyalty marketing
- Collateral Production
- Giveaway, etc.
- Defines USPs, story angles and verifies that the hotel's creative messages and media activities are consistent with global brand direction and brand voice.
- Supervises operations of the in-house designer (or design agency) to ensure full alignment of brand voice guideline and templates.
- Drives the quality and high standards of all sales
promotional aids, tools and merchandising items.
- Directs photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes, the advertising agency and the field marketing department at corporate office.
- Verifies photography is regionally approved & up to date, covers all room types and any new/renovated public areas/outlets; budgets and plans for re-shoot with approval of Area Marketing team where necessary and support from other property Marketing team members when available.
- Ensures hotel information is updated regularly on the hotel website and all other digital channels.
- Partners with Field Marketing and Digital teams to strategize digital marketing plan for property; works with sales and revenue teams to set goals for campaigns and evaluate success. Planning should feed into the annual Marketing Communications Plan.
- Works closely with MDS to explore digital opportunities on owned and third party channels (e.g., Marriott.com).
- Leads marketing teams on property, advertising agencies, PR agencies, design agency and other media agencies to create and execute marketing campaigns and media plans for the hotel and its different business units (venues, spa, etc).
- Supervises and directs on-property marketing teams and social
media agency(ies), on social media content calendar planning, content
development, campaigns, and mini activities.
- Partners with above property teams to set up protocol and responsibilities for social media response monitoring, tracking, reporting, and crisis management.
- Implements impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
- Develops PR-worthy stories to build F&B reputation and hotel image.
- Acts as spokesperson for the hotel and responds to all media requests within 24 hours.
- Sets up protocol and responsibilities for media response and crisis management involving GM, ADM and regional PR team.
- Maintains a comprehensive list of regional and local media contacts and manages them as per the media account management system.
- Takes responsibility for key regional and local media by maintaining and developing close relationships including key opinion leaders and F&B bloggers.
- Proactive approach to identify, develop targeted media & KOL (individuals and platforms), brand partners based on marketing and promotion needs.
- Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on developing story angles.
- Plays a key role in community and government relations as well as VIP handling.
- Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events, and develops targeted partner relationships.
- Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
- Ensures press kit information is comprehensive and kept up-to-date.
- Works closely with the continent and area Field
Marketing team for press material approvals on key projects.
- Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
Additional Leadership Responsibilities
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
- Prepare for and conduct team meetings. Measure the performance of executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
- Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g., way-to-go letters, personal bests, top three per channel, top VPG, attendance, special contribution, top three total packages).
- Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g., through contests, Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs], motivational e-letters).
- Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development opportunities (e.g., through ride-alongs, shadowing, monitoring).
- Develop and/or update sales training manuals and sales process enhancements (e.g., Eagle Flight Plans, Resource Guides).
- Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create individual development plans, career paths, and promotion development plans.
- Manage associate performance, developing performance plans for associates below expectation (progressive discipline).
- Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
- Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g., within marketing teams, between marketing and sales teams).
- Provide guidelines for empowering associates to make decisions regarding guest experience and service issues.
- Enhances the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others.
- Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
- Participates in marketing, public relations and social media training organized by regional/area teams.
- Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow, lead distribution, reward, recognition, and discipline.
- Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for conducting business (e.g., Flight Plans, Local Standard Operating Procedures).
- Anticipates staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff; establish goals; provide timely coaching and feedback; reward distinctions in performance.
- Participate in recruiting (e.g., make internal announcements to managers in order to generate referrals, monitor online and print ads, respond to calls and emails from potential applicants). Participate in selection processes (e.g., interviewing).
- Develop compensation plans for teams that maximize production.
- Works closely with cluster, field Marketing and digital teams for approvals on key projects.
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
- Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that
convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business
partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance
business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute
to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to
help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to
accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel speech so that others will understand them.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.