Descrizione del lavoro
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Experiences Team at Tripadvisor is committed to helping travelers make the most of their trips, especially the attractions and activities along the way. Our team is in need of a creative engineer who gets excited about technology and travel to help transform the Tripadvisor website, modernize our architecture and grow our well established Experiences business.
We’re looking for a senior-level engineer to join our team, someone that can grok complex systems, manage a workload independently, deliver high quality solutions and participate as part of a distributed team. You’ll join a first-in-class team of engineers, designers and product managers that quickly deliver highly scalable compelling features to Tripadvisor's 400+ million monthly visitors using an array of cutting-edge technologies.
- 5+ years in a software engineering role
- Solid CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Expertise in Java, including recent versions
- Experience with React
- Experience in building high volume backend services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with business and product stakeholders to refine an ever-evolving complex product
- Ability to analyze a problem, outline potential solutions, describing pros and cons and trade-offs
- Ability to break problems into multiple logic units of work and iterate
Desired additional qualifications:
- Experience with Apache Solr
- Experience with ES6
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Hive / Hadoop / Spark / Snowflake
- Experience deploying microservices, managing their lifecycle, proactively monitoring, and resolving issues