Descrizione del lavoro
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Lollo, will be under the culinary creative direction of a renowned local chef and will take diners from day to night and beyond, celebrating the chefs mixed heritage and unique approach to menu curation. We’re looking for Talent who are passionate about delivering electric dining experiences that get the whole town talking.
Culprit, will be a café-meets-wine-bar experience that will entice guests to mix and mingle throughout the day and into the night. We’re looking for Talent that can dial up that double shot culture from am to pm.
Assists in the daily supervision of restaurant and café operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and talent satisfaction. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Assisting in Management of Restaurant and Café Team
- Handles talent questions and concerns.
- Monitors talent to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Provides feedback to talent based on observation of service behaviours.
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
- Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Restaurant and Café Manager.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant and Café Operations
- Ensures all talent have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant and Café Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
- Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
- Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages talent to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with talent.
- Meets and greets guests.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Restaurant Manager.