Descrizione del lavoro
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
MEETING & EVENTS
With almost 830sqm of ultra-modern conference, meeting and event space at W Melbourne, we’re setting the stage for spectacular events with fully adaptable conference equipment, world-class audio-visual facilities and contemporary cocktails and cuisine from our expert in-house catering team. The jewel in the crown, the GREAT ROOM is a 426sqm pillarless ballroom with an abundance of natural light and 4mx5m LED wall. We’re looking for talent that are passionate about delivering events that spark imagination and set minds racing.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
CAST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area
Managing Banquet Operations
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains established sanitation levels.
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
- Schedules banquet service talent to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting-edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen talent.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers talent to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures talent understand expectations and parameters.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with talent.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures talent are trained in safety procedures.
- Observes service behaviours of talent and provides feedback to individuals.
- Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Professional Demeanour - Exhibiting behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing the company in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively acting and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Co-worker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with company values.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting talent with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all talent is given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
- Banquets - Have a working knowledge of service standards, procedures and techniques for executing banquet event orders to include banquet /meeting room set up and strike, banquet design, and banquet beverage set-up and controls.
- Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.