Descrizione del lavoro
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Provide high quality service of food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests, based on requirements and standards.
CAST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications where required. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other talent. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security HIDs and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow property specific HIDs for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow HIDs for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and fellow talent.
- Follow company and department HIDs.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company HIDs.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Aid individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Assist fellow talent to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speak to guests and fellow talent using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with fellow talent, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Support all fellow talent and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other talent and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving
- Communicate with guests, fellow talent, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Present physical and accurate check and process payment, adhering to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures including added and received gratuity.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen talent whenever additional clarification is necessary.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding the length of wait for food items, recook orders, and product availability.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.