Descrizione del lavoro
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Being a W Insider is all about uncovering the unexpected and making the impossible possible for the global jetsetters to the local experience seekers.
Our W Insider will rebelliously rewrite the rules, offering up back-lane access to immerse our guests in the Melbourne double shot culture. Uncovering the kind of experiences, you’d never find in a guidebook. They’ll be tapping into their relationships in the right places with the right people to provide exclusive access for the guests who want the latest and hottest in the city. They will keep in the know of what’s new/next, finding what’s special and making it happen. Whatever it takes. Creativity is their middle name and they’re passionate about working with the team to amplify all guest experience touchpoints, educating them along the way to become W Insiders, too. Being our W Insider, they’ll be an ambassador for the hotel, showcasing the W Hotels brand in Melbourne.
Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an audition in front of a judging panel, you’ll also be requested to create a video highlighting just how much of a W Insider you really are.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management preferred OR
- 2-year Experience working in a lifestyle-related business or environment would be a highly positive attribute.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Interacting with and providing insider connections to as many guests as possible in the areas of local hot-spots including new and hip boutiques, restaurants, galleries, design points of interest, and B&F.
- Promoting and attending property happenings (interact with attendees, assist hotel guests with entry and participation, etc.).
- Using “aggressive” vs. passive hospitality skills to proactively approach guests and engage them in conversation, inquiring about their experience and discovering special preferences. Remaining accessible to guests and Talent throughout their shift.
- Being present during peak morning and/or evening hours in order to interact with as many guests as possible (position is not located at a desk, but circulating the Living Room entrance area or other high traffic areas).
- Being an active role model for all W Melbourne; working, breathing and living W Core Values.
- Ensuring talent are constantly looking for and finding ways to WOW all our guests.
- Complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner. Adhering to W’s service recovery guidelines when handling guest complaints.
- Replying to written guest complaints including all Guest Voice and Social Media comments in W style.
- Being responsible for Marriott’s Loyalty programs including membership recognition and acknowledgement.
- Reviewing daily arrivals and departures as well as in-house guest status. Being in the know who our WHO guests are in order to pay special attention to them and customize their stay
- Coordinating pre-arrival communication, in-house communication, and post-stay personal contact with guests. Ensuring that special recognition of Marriott Bonvoy membership is provided to guests when possible.
- Assisting and working closely with high-end guests such as celebrities, dignitaries, and top Sales team clients, to ensure close personal attention and a seamless experience.
- Reviewing all relevant communication throughout the shift: group resumes, daily event sheets, WHO listings and activities within the city. Researching any WHO guests so as to be knowledgeable about these guests and their potential likes and needs. Contacting these guests or their personal assistants in advance for more insights and to learn about ways to personalize their experience.
- Acting as a key advocate for the guest at all times. Communicating any guest opportunities that are made aware through guest interactions in a timely manner to relevant operating departments so that appropriate action to resolve may take place. Personally, following up with guests after resolution to ensure satisfaction.
- Establishing a low power distance working environment where talents are actively involved in the decision making process. To identify and focus on departmental priorities to maximize talent effectiveness and engagement.
- Promoting effective communication amongst all talent within the hotel to ensure every member of the team has sufficient information and resources to fuel the lust for life of our guests.
- Building long-lasting relationships with talent and guests at all times.
- Providing guidance to all talent by giving constructive feedback. To identify learning gaps and develop training systems designed around employees’ developmental needs.
- Understanding the team’s strengths and weaknesses and in doing so, foster a working environment where all talents are able to build on constructive feedback. To encourage the use of direct and indirect feedback to improve talent’s self-awareness and development in growing with Marriott.
- Collaborate with the local B&F hot spots, Events and Happening’s to be in the know
- Sharing findings with other Talents to broaden their knowledge
- Promoting a playful working culture based on Marriott’s “Put People First” culture and W Hotels’ Core Values whereby talent can achieve their fullest potential and their accomplishments are recognized and rewarded.
- Embracing talent development by actively planning and participating in training initiatives.
- Encouraging bottom-up feedback and communication to regularly review and action on talent suggestions.
- Solicits talent feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews talent satisfaction results to identify and address talent problems or concerns and share with Senior Leaders.
- Liaising with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager to brainstorm on opportunities that exist that the W Insider can use to bring to life for the guest.
- Working with the Marketing Manager on key PR events as well as W Happenings and acting as an Ambassador for the hotel, representing the ‘Insider’ aspect of the brand and property to ultimately increase the GuestVoice Score of W Insider.
- Generating social media content together with the Marketing Manager.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Identifies trends in guest issues for resolution.
- Schedules and supervise talents to ensure prompt, friendly, and attentive service.
- Supervises Whatever Whenever Talents to ensure prompt and complete resolution of guest calls and requests.
- Empowers talents to provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinates the process of receiving and resolving guest issues and requests.
- Implements guest recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Tracks all guest issues from various sources and report results.
- Ensures guest requests/issues are logged.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Understand the Brand Standards and the Brand Directive
- Ensure compliance to PCI, PII, ISRA, CSAT, MIP-30 and other applicable audit compliances.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
- Understands and, if necessary, implements all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow company and department safety and security HID’s to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and WHS personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Provides information to Talent Coaches, Talents, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all department equipment is in proper working condition and that department areas and storerooms are clean.
- Performs departmental administrative duties.
- Addresses complaints and serves as Manager on Duty as needed.
- Attends meetings (e.g., Welcome Talent Coach meetings, operations meetings, monthly department meetings).
- Driving W Guest Experience culture
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.