Descrizione del lavoro
Animal Behavior Internship - Spring 2018
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Being involved in the Animal Behavior Professional Internship will find you conducting both basic and applied research related to animal behavior and conservation in a zoological setting by being involved in key aspects of the research process which ultimately informs animal care decisions. This position prepares students for a future in an animal or conservation field such as graduate school, animal keeper, research, or conservation positions. Responsibilities include:
- Assess animal visibility (i.e. how visible the animals are to Guests) to evaluate the animal-guest experience in our park.
- Collect data, maintain databases, and create reports for animal visibility.
- Assist in the design and implementation of animal behavior studies through conducting literature reviews and animal behavior observations on a variety of species.
- Interact with Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Guests to communicate conservation stories in order to inspire them to conserve wildlife and wild places.
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role.
What You Bring to the Role:
- A minimum of six months of mentored independent research experience under a senior scientist.
- A minimum of three months of animal behavior research under the direction of senior scientist.
- Enthusiasm for animal care and conservation in zoos.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven experience with multiple steps in the research process in an animal research setting.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and personal mode of transportation to travel to and from the workplace and to behind-the-scenes work locations.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Minimum 3 months of experience in Zoo, Aquarium, Museum, Research Center, Nature Center, or equivalent.
- Professional goals which include attending graduate school or gaining employment in an animal or conservation field.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Senior or recent college graduate of an undergraduate program only
• Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
* Writing Sample - Write a short synopsis (Approximately 200-300 words) describing Simba, his family and the savanna habitat in which he lives using factual information about lions. This link will take you to Disney’s Animal Kingdom profile page on lions to get you started: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/disney-animals-lions
To upload these documents: WITHIN 2 DAYS OF APPLICATION
• Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
• Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
• Click on the "Attachments" Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
• Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 - June 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- Tipo di lavoro
- A tempo completo
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Comincia tra
- Il prima possibile
- Durata del contratto
- A tempo indeterminato