Descrizione del lavoro
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Guest Experience Ambassador to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego - Chula Vista location in Chula Vista, California.
The Guest Experience Ambassador is responsible for providing efficient and exceptional service to a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis, including: guests, potential guests, vendor partners and team members. This service can be delivered by performing a variety of Front Desk, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and/or Laundry duties to meet daily business needs.
This versatile position will provide valuable support in multiple areas of the hotel. Individuals in this role must adhere to the company’s standards and procedures in order to deliver a consistent guest experience across the brand while complying with all safety, security and quality measures.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must possess and maintain valid licenses and/or certifications which are job related and required by law.
- At hotels which operate a courtesy van/shuttle, must possess and maintain a valid, current, non-restricted driver’s license if required to drive. Must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving history.
- Previous hotel or customer service experience is required, previous maintenance experience is desired.
- Ability and willingness to work a variable schedule including morning, afternoon, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time and possibly for the duration of the work shift. Must also be able to climb up/down stairs and ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects and usage of small repair tools.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 – 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to regularly push and/or pull carts to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or operate equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Requires excellent hearing along with good near and distant vision.
- Must be able to view/access computer screens and keyboard functions and type on a computer keyboard throughout the duration of the scheduled shift with the exception of scheduled breaks and/or lunch times.
- Must be able to verbally respond over the telephone, in a clear-speaking voice.
- Capable of working alone or with others in a fast paced environment with stressful situations and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions, yet still provide service to individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers, outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills and able to accurately sense and respond to guests’ unspoken wants and needs.
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer service and sales.
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, caulking, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or confidential material and information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts and/or conditions.
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful situations.
Front Desk :
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting guests as they enter the hotel. Welcome loyal guests and military members using the best practices outlined for each program. Ensure Elite guests receive the designated gift upon arrival.
- Provide all guests (including groups) with a friendly, accurate and efficient check-in / check-out process while following the company’s policies and procedures. Prepare for check-ins before the guest arrives by using the arrivals grid, preparing express check-ins, and planning for group arrivals. Ensure the front desk/lobby areas remain clean, organized and ready to greet guests.
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring all procedures are followed to protect sensitive guest information including identity and credit card information. Process all financial transactions with strict adherence to defined procedures.
- Answer the hotel phone in a manner which provides a genuine Here For You experience to every caller. Listen, identify and resolve the caller’s need(s). Properly and efficiently transfer calls as necessary.
- Provide a warm and friendly experience to potential guests inquiring about hotel reservations by focusing on the guest’s need, asking for the sale, entering and confirming the reservation details, providing the cancellation policy and offering to enroll the guest in the Returns program.
- Complete shift checklist(s) to ensure the hotel information is updated and team members are prepared for the daily activities. Maintain room status inventory.
- Wash and dry laundry following proper equipment settings and company procedures.
- Maintain the organization of the laundry room by folding and storing linen/terry in appropriate areas and keeping accurate inventory of available and discarded linen.
- Clean guest rooms and guest baths as needed.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen/terry in accordance with standards.
- Inspect rooms for needed repairs or fixtures that are not working properly; make small repairs such as replacing light bulbs, batteries in remote control, etc. Report other repair requests to Maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply carts and storerooms.
- Perform routine maintenance duties, to include painting, caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include televisions, light fixtures, etc.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas and public spaces to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and any other aspects of the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Resolve submitted work orders in a timely manner while sensing and responding to guest needs; report major repair requests to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or General Manager as needed.
- Ensure proper usage, organization, and security/protection of supplies, tools, carts, and store rooms.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the company’s Preventative Maintenance Program.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego - Chula Vista, 150 Bonita Road, Chula Vista, California 91910
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego