Descrizione del lavoro
Wyndham is now seeking a Front Desk Manager to join our team at the Wyndham San Diego on the Bay location in San Diego, California.
The Guest Services Manager Level 1 is responsible for ensuring the operation of guest services, concierge and uniformed services/transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 1 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Bending waist (forward or sideways)
Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels)
Reach above shoulder height
Reach below shoulder height
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in motivating and developing guest services associates according to Wyndham SOPs.
- Assist with the management of the interviewing process of candidates for guest services positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Provide feedback to the guest services director for associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e., flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly rooms meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Work at front desk, concierge, and bell desk as appropriate.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, associate discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the guest services computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that associates maintain Wyndham SOP's in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham SOP’s.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with housekeeping department.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the front desk.
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other associates.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Wyndham standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Monitor all VIPs, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily guest services work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham Rewards programs and offers.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham San Diego on the Bay, 1355 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, California 92101
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego