Assistant Front Office Manager
Inspiring and engaging. As an Assistant Front Office Manager, you will show your leadership and interpersonal strengths to maximize the Rooms Operations, and ensure an exceptional guest journey.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Learning programs through our Academies
What you will be doing:
- Innovatively enhancing the arrival and departure experience for every guest.
- Actively seeking feedback from Colleagues and Guests, following up and strategically taking action to improve Our Voice of the Guest feedback.
- Responsible for focussing on service standards as it pertains to the service delivery of helpfulness of bell staff, speed of check in and front door arrival service
- Assist with the car valet system, monitor revenues and expenses monthly.
- Ensuring effective utilization and productivity of all employees in the Front Office, including involvement in forecasting, payroll and budgeting.
- Leading within a unionized environment. Effective interpretation of the Collective Agreement is required to ensure a fair and effective work environment is maintained.
- Will work with the other Front Office Managers in developing an enthusiastic and Guest driven team through recruitment, personal and professional development and reward, enabling all colleagues to deliver the highest level of personalized Guest service.
- Responsible for monitoring performance through postive feedback, corrective action as necessary and annual performances reviews and follow up.
- responsible for maintaining excellent departmental relations.
- A member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Responsible for co-ordinating wth Catering Managers and the Guest Services team for group arrivlas, VIP arrivals, site inspections, etc.
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all Colleagues are committed to working safely.
- Responsible for effectively handling all guest comments both in person and in writing, with an ability to identify and retify any concerns in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Duty Manager duties which includes serving as a resource and support to all departments to ensure a smooth overall operation of the hotel in the absence of Department Heads and other leaders.
- Responsible for ensuring standards are met with regards to grooming and appearance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and 3- 5 years experience in Front Office, Guest Services or Rooms related departments.
- Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance.
- College diploma in Hospitality Management an asset.
- Ability to work variable shifts based on business levels; including shift work, weekends and public holidays.
- Demonstrated self starter, use of initiative to help develop goals and ideas to improve policies and procedures with the department.
Physical Demands: include pushing, pulling, and lifting items which may be greater than 15Kg, standing and walking for over 80% of work day.
Your team and working environment:
- Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff.
- In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS