Assistant Front Office Manager
Mercure Penrith is looking for a proactive, energetic and passionate Front Office superstar to lead our team as Assistant Front Office Manager.
Mercure Penrith is a 222-room hotel is located in the well-known Panthers Precinct, home of the Penrith Panthers and the Panthers Leagues Club. We welcome a diverse range of guests every day with a mix of corporate and leisure guests.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy working with a team who are passionate about the Penrith area and love working in a sporting environment. The hotel and is located on the grounds of the 2022 NRL Grand Final winners the Penrith Panthers.
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to develop your Front Office skills ready for your next role as Front Office Manager and learn new skills in Food & Beverage.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- ALL Heartist Employee card offering discounted accommodation rates worldwide and Food & Beverage discounts.
- Annual Panthers Penrith membership
- Opportunities for incentives and challenges to earn additional benefits for you!
What you will be doing:
- Work with the Rooms Division Manager to lead the Front Office team in delivering friendly and welcoming service to our guests and looking for opportunities to improve the experience we provide our guests.
- Responsible for rostering of the Front Office team and ensuring our payroll costs stay within budget.
- Responsible for ordering for department and looking for opportunities to improve our guest amenities and new suppliers.
- Provide a welcoming and memorable experience for all guests.
- Promote the Accor Live Limitless Loyalty Program by encouraging guests to join the program, manage and activate the loyalty experience for our valued members.
- Responsible for handling guest feedback in an efficient and proactive manner and providing an on the spot solution to ensure guest’s leave the property happy. Implementing changes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Act as Manager on Duty on daily shifts and ensure all shifts run effectively and seamlessly.
- Motivate and lead the team our team of guest service agents and food and beverage staff, encouraging and developing them to constantly exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure workplace health and safety standards are met and rectify any issues immediately.
- Liaising with all hotel departments to ensure guest expectations are met.
- Providing service and food preparation in our Lobby Café & Bar.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a supervisor capacity in the Front Office department of a hotel or resort.
- Previous experience and understanding of Opera PMS or other hotel property management system.
- Passion for guest service and delighting our guests and team members.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues and streamline hotel processes.
- RSA Certificate and First Aid Certificate.
- Working rights in Australia and the ability to work a 7-day rotating roster. Roster can include overnight shifts to cover Night Manager Leave as required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.