The Chef de Partie is responsible for the supervision of the assigned kitchen’s operation to achieve and maintain the highest standards of food quality preparation and guest satisfaction. Main responsibilities include but not limited to quality and cost control as well as learning and development of colleagues.
- Monitors food quality and consistency and ensures that the food presented to our guest is of the highest quality standards.
- Supervises and monitors kitchen operations, works with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed accordingly to written guidelines for food product specifications.
- Daily spot checks, monitors all food items being ordered by the kitchen and ensures all items are utilised completely to avoid wastage.
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom; to ensure that goods received are of the standard quality and meets hotel’s specifications.
- Constantly assesses freshness, presentation and temperature of food served.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions and receiving from stores are properly controlled in line with Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimise wastage.
- Updates menu recipe costing and menu planning as required, as well as for F&B promotions.
Hygiene and Sanitization
- Responsible for personal hygiene and grooming in accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore standards, National Environmental Agency standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Enforces the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in kitchens. This includes working areas including, but not restricted to; refrigerators, freezers, ceiling, walls, floors, shelving working tables and working utensils such as carving boards, slicer, mixers, blenders, cutters, woks, pots, pans, etc.
- Ensures that all equipment is hygienically stored in its designated area.
- Ensures that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently, all items are utilised completely to avoid wastage and ingredients are always fresh and within its expiry date.
- Prevents using spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation. Colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection should be not involved in the preparation or handling of food.
Training, Learning and Development of Culinary Team
- Responsible for the induction and on boarding of new hires.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained in, and complies with hotel’s rules and regulations.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained in, and complies with workplace safety and health procedures, hygiene, HAACP standards and emergency procedures.
Management and Leadership of the Culinary Team
- Oversees the effective and professional operations of assigned kitchen.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication amongst the kitchens and other departments.
- Manages the conduct of subordinates and follows through with any employee grievances when necessary.
- Ensures that all deadlines assigned by supervisors are met.
Involvement in Wider Job Function Relationships
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and managers.
- Builds guest loyalty and to develop to a professional relationship with local guests and regular patrons.
- Continually improves product through obtaining feedback from guests and patrons.
- Upholds Accor values of Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect, when undertaking any tasks and in any internal and external interactions.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that supports ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Professional Certificate in a Culinary-related field .
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the Food & Beverage industry (hotel and free standing restaurant) in similar position, preferably in a reputable establishment or celebrity chef restaurant.
- Proficient in written and conversational English.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work and thrive within a culturally diverse environment.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Leads to constantly improve the guest and colleague service experience.
- Leadership skills required – collaborative, enabling, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrates sophistication, humbleness, personality, charisma, confidence, professional etiquette and competencies.
Celebrity MasterChef Jereme Leung, one of the most influential chefs in the modern Chinese culinary movement, returns home to Singapore with 藝yì by Jereme Leung. 藝yì, which stands for art in the Chinese language, awakens your appetite and senses. Alluding to the fine art of Chinese dining, it references centuries of culinary mastery woven into the intricacies of Chinese cuisine presented in the restaurant. Featuring artistic adaptations of provincial cuisine from across the different regions of China, Jereme will be using single sourced and seasonal ingredients with a contemporary approach to deliver refinement and sincerity.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues’ Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit – Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children’s Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.