Guest Services Manager
Cosa comprende il lavoro
Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for continually maintaining and improving the efficiency and quality of guest service and traffic control at all entrances of the hotel. Leading by example, the Guest Services Manager supervises the Doormen and Bellmen by greeting all guests warmly and professionally and ensuring that the operation of the driveway is operating efficient at all times. The Guest Services Manager has a proactive approach to operations, and will constantly strive to innovate and implement new ideas to enhance our service product.
Hotel Overview: Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City’s premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures that Guest Services colleagues are well trained and prepared for the hotel emergency procedures
• Follows all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
• Ensures that the driveway traffic is managed effectively
• Ensures all Guest Services colleagues adhere to the material outlined in the Fairmont Code of Ethics
• Assists the Housekeeping and Engineering department by reporting cleanliness / defect issues found either on the hotel driveway or in the lobby areas.
• Closely works with Royal Service department with regards to fax deliveries and ticket escalations
• Annual Performance reviews
• Assumes full responsibility of the Guest Services department
• Fosters a warm and caring service culture while maintaining our Fairmont Service Promise culture
• Creates and is dedicated to a positive, team-oriented work environment through open communication, empathy and support
• Completes regular quality assurance inspections and coach accordingly
• Represents the Guest Services department by attending all relevant meetings, and prepares the relevant reports and follow-up as requested
• Recruits new team members and ensures that they are provided with initial and on-going training, mentoring, and support
• Consistently has a presence with our colleagues / lobby / public areas while balancing the administrative needs of the position act as lobby ambassador when applicable
• Ensures departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs and business-productivity commitments
• Ensures overtime is maintained to a bare minimum and tracked correctly on a daily basis
• Must be able to resolve Guest complaints
• Must be able to build strong relationships
• Ensures all porterage is posted as per the agreed terms and conditions.
• Ensures that our colleague's appearance is always reflective of our grooming standards and that they are always in a clean and proper uniform. *Conducts daily shift briefings ensuring that our colleagues are well informed and prepared to deliver outstanding service
• Conducts monthly communication meetings with all colleagues and documents and posts minutes
• Liaises with our Conference Services department and our group contacts to ensure that all of our groups' needs are well planned and achieved
• Ensures that the department's equipment is well cared for and properly maintained
• Complete projects on time
• Progressive track record of managing in a union environment
• 2- 3 years experience in Rooms management with solid operational knowledge.
• Computer proficiency
• Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related discipline a strong asset.
• Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement.
• Innovative, creative and willing to take risks.
• Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs or more.
• Position requires 80% of standing
• Must be flexible to work schedule as business demands require
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities.
• Creative and effective team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, strong communication, interpersonal and administrative skills; ambition, drive and determination.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
- Dipartimento: Guest Relations
Guest Services Manager
A tempo completo, A tempo indeterminato
Data di inizio:Il prima possibile
Ultima data di inizio: