Restaurant Chef, Hawthorn Restaurant
Inspire and create the grandest experience for our guest, clients and colleagues every day. The Hawthorn Restaurant Chef will be instrumental in the ongoing development of the restaurants food vison and drive to become the most highly rated and awarded culinary experience in Calgary. Being outgoing and passionate about working with guest & colleagues are key to the being successful in this position. The Restaurant Chef will also be the face of Hawthorn and has media experience and an affinity to social media. Create for yourself and your team a career and develop within a world class restaurant & hotel operation.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Chef | Director, F&B, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Working in partnership with the Restaurant General Manager you will execute the smooth and flawless operation of the Restaurant during all meal periods.
- Accountable for managing the day to day operations of the kitchen with active presence on the floor, leading your team to deliver service excellence.
- Actively manage restaurant social media accounts in partnership with the Restaurant GM, and Marketing Manager, in accordance with Fairmont’s marketing standards (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Accountable for driving revenue and profit through the development and implementation of menu design, strategies, practices and promotions while keeping with the overall concept
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment and ensures that all Health & Safety standards are met, procedures followed and that colleagues have the knowledge and tools to work safely.
- Effectively manage the departmental budget through purchasing of production needs, inventories, pricing, and labor cost controls
- Effectively recruit and onboard new colleagues
- Train, lead & develop the team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Constantly drive innovation and actively promoting the restaurant within the community
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the team, with the use of production lists, recipes, photos, etc
- Maintaining colleague engagement, with the entire culinary and stewarding team. Promoting teamwork between the kitchen and all other departments.
- Adhering to all Company policies, procedures and values
Your experience and skills include:
- 2 years leadership experience within a kitchen / culinary environment Demonstrated passion for the industry and guests
- Knowledge of current Food & beverage trends
- Proven ability to drive revenues and profit, without sacrificing colleague and customer experiences
- Proven ability in menu concept and design, effective marketing, and on-line reputation management
- Must be flexible in scheduling to accommodate business demands
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, out-going, team-player
- Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management a definite asset
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer strong with knowledge of Excel, Word, and electronic mail
Your team and working environment:
- Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, and the recent completion of an extensive renovation project, The Fairmont Palliser is Defining the Iconic Calgary Experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS