2nd Cook, Flower and Wolf Restaurant & Bar
Every memorable dining experience at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Accor) begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as 1st Cook, you will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor & Marriott worldwide for you and your family
- Competitive benefit program, including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and an employee & family assistance program
- Food & Beverage discounts at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire & Fairmont Palliser
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience, minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar setting in the Culinary field is required
- Actively working towards Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent is an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is a unique hotel, managed by Accor under the Fairmont brand, and operating as a franchised Marriott property.
- The team at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to excellence, open and welcoming and feels like a second family
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is designed for those in pursuit of adventure, joy and relaxation. Located downtown, our sophisticated hotel is nestled between the urban vibes of a bustling city and the peaceful tranquility of the Bow River and Prince's Island Park. Discover adventures from the heights of the Calgary Tower for enchanting city views to river floating down the Canadian Rockies glacier fed Bow River. Experience the many sides of our beautiful city at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, Calgary's Urban Resort.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS