Descrizione del lavoro
As an Assistant Director of Finance / Assistant Financial Controller you are responsible to assist in managing all hotel accounting and financial requirements in an environment of tight control and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Be familiar and up to date with all policies of both the hotel and Rotana Groups in regards to standard practice instructions
• Assist in maintaining a system of internal controls which will provide the most effective control of the assets and revenue of the hotel
• Assist in maintaining all accounting records of the hotel in the manner prescribed by the Corporate Office
• Ensure that all law and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect the financial matters of the hotel) are complied with
• Ensure the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts and all other legal records and document which may affect the financial status of the hotel
• Supervise at the end of the month, the closing of the books and the subsequent timely preparation of the required financial data
• Ensure that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled
You should have a degree in hotel management or accounting and at least three years previous experiences within a hotel environment. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and well versed computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System is an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be results oriented and enthusiastic and with strong interpersonal, analytical and follow-through skills. You have the ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards and adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment. You portray a fair leadership style and have proven the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach
Located by the beach on Dubai’s glamorous and cosmopolitan leisure and retail promenade, The Walk, Amwaj Rotana is one of the finest five-star luxury hotels in the Marina district. With popular attractions right on its doorstep, from the famous Jumeirah Beach and bustling Beach Mall with its children’s waterpark, to Bluewaters Island, home to the world’s tallest Ferris Wheel, Ain Dubai, it is a convenient and luxurious destination for business and leisure travellers. Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International are both a 25-minute drive from the property.
Enjoy the sophistication and space of our 301 elegantly-furnished rooms and suites, all featuring private balconies with stunning views of Jumeirah Beach, the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah, plus complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our bespoke Club Rotana rooms and make the most of our hotel-within-a-hotel concept offering exclusive benefits and privileges, including lounge access.
Experience our award-winning food and beverage venues including the world-famous Benihana Restaurant, serving delicious American-Japanese Teppanyaki; JB’s Gastropub, with a menu inspired by British and American pub favourites; the chic Rosso Restaurant and Bar offering authentic Italian flair; and our all-day dining venue, Horizon, showcasing the world’s most popular cuisines. For a casual get together with friends, try the funky Arabesque Fumo Lounge by Rosso; sip a relaxing drink by the pool at the Sundeck Pool Bar; or enjoy a quick bite and coffee or freshly-squeezed juice at the Atrium Lobby Lounge. For business meetings or events with distinction, choose from three conference rooms and the world-class Sadaf Ballroom, all equipped with state-of-the-art technologies.
Keep in shape or take time to relax at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club with outdoor swimming pools and a sun terrace, a fully-equipped fitness centre, a Jacuzzi, steam and sauna rooms and beautiful Jumeirah coastline views as a backdrop. For guests travelling with young children our Flipper’s Kids Club offers a range of fun, supervised activities to keep your little ones busy.