Led by new contemporary Spanish Chef Manuel Pereira, the Bluespoon Restaurant & Bar menus will have a Mediterranean takeover for the summer. When Mediterranean is in the name, tapas is of course the game. Be it Spanish, Italian, French, or Greek, the heroes on our menus will be everyone’s favorite sharing plates.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Waiter/Waitress!
What’s in it for YOU?
• A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
• An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
• 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
• A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
• Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
• Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
• 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
• To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
• Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
• Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
• International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
• Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
• A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
• An International team of over 15 different nationalities
• Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshop and classroom trainings.
• Not just for any waiter; you are a Bluespoon Waiter;
• Eager to learn all about our menu, sure to give the best recommendations to our guests;
• By adding some personal flavor and touch, you never back away from casual and genuine conversations with our guests from near and far.
What does the ROLE entail?
• Providing excellent service to guests and internal customers at all times;
• Handling any guest and internal customer complaints, inquiring in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure they are resolved satisfactorily;
• Maintains par stocks of all equipment and guest supplies as required.
• Seating, presenting menu, taking orders, and serving guests, following proper sequence and procedure, answering enquiries and making suggestions as appropriate;
• Raising bills for consumed items, picking up and storing requisitions, if applicable;
• Clearing and resetting counters or tables at conclusion of each course or function;
• Computing bills on MICROS and accepting payments, performing cashier functions as required;
• Having a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu, and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
YOUR recipe to success:
• At least 1 year experience working in the hospitality industry, ideally in a similar position within a reputed restaurant or luxurious hotel;
• A degree in Hospitality or Tourism is highly preferred, or equivalent training or experience;
• Enthusiasm, motivation and a hands-on mentality;
• A love for Amsterdam, and an international state of mind;
• Great language and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Dutch;
• Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Bluespoon is located inside the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht. The hotel combines the best of lifestyle and Boutique hotels with a contemporary and personal approach, and offers 117 artistically inspired spacious guestrooms and 5 luxury suites on the Prinsengracht.
Does the above describe you, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for.
Lingua richiesta: Inglese. Olandese è un plus
Art becomes life at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht. Or is it the other way around? Our five-star boutique hotel in Amsterdam’s historic city center is more than a place to stay—it’s living art in the lively Jordaan district.
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.