Director, Sales (TMC Experience Preferred)
Cosa comprende il lavoro
If you are up for a challenge, read on! BCD Travel is expanding our North American Sales team. We are looking for dynamic and creative sales team members to help us continue our growth.
Director, Sales (TMC experience preferred)
Full-time, (home) based in the US
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role, you will work with prospective Fortune 1000 clients with HQ locations across North America to help make the most of their global travel spend, equip travelers to be safe, productive, and make good choices on the road, grow the value of their travel program, and ensure it supports company objectives. Preferred candidates will have current experience selling travel management company services for prospects based in the Eastern time zone of the U.S.
As a Director, Sales you will be responsible for leading the BCD Travel team through the sales process and obtaining profitable new accounts using effective sales and marketing techniques.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Develop prospect list of qualified leads and performs preliminary research to identify clients’ need and goals
- Oversee and make sales presentations, prepare proposals in conjunction with other members of the sales and sales support team and follow through to closure of sale
- Ensure thorough prospect identification and market penetration for major accounts in target areas
- Coordinate pricing and service configuration functions with the appropriate senior vice president, controller, and salesperson.
- Update new and existing clients on products and industry changes as needed
- Maintain detailed records and files documenting new prospect, sold accounts, lost bid, and no bid actions as requested by senior management using the company CRM system
- Assist in the coordination of contract negotiations and renegotiations, signing off on all contracts before submittal to the president for signature
- Coordinate, or participates in, client and prospect functions/activities (tradeshows, conventions, client forums, and other promotional activities) as necessary to provide consulting services and to improve client / prospect knowledge of company products and benefits
- Identify competitive threats and emerging problems and offers swift solutions to preserve the integrity of relationships
- Assure quality responsiveness and strategic approaches to new business development
How you can set yourself apart
- Bachelor’s degree with business focus (preferred).
- Extensive sales and marketing experience, preferably in the travel, meetings and incentives, or technology industries (required)
- Strong negotiation skills (required)
- Strong network of travel industry contacts preferred (required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations (required)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 25-50% (required)
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com .
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via email@example.com. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.
- Dipartimento: Commerciale
Director, Sales (TMC Experience Preferred)
A tempo completo, A tempo indeterminato
Data di inizio:Il prima possibile
Ultima data di inizio: