El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking a Group Sales Manager to target, solicit and cultivate business within the assigned group market segment, with efforts directed toward securing mid-week room night production and revenue generation, as well as securing group affiliated meeting and food & beverage revenues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Solicit new and develop existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings, pre-event meetings, training and other sales strategy related meetings as required.
- Conduct Site Inspections and Entertainment as required.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with key and new accounts, keeping them abreast of property updates, need periods, etc.
- Establish lists of top customers (both actual and prospective) for ongoing direct marketing efforts via telephone, direct mail, email, outgoing sales calls, and incoming familiarization trips.
- · Become familiar with other Belmond properties and share specific account and lead information to cross sell our entire product line.
- Maintain close communication with operating departments and attend meetings as needed.
- Develop and implement on-going strategic sales plans including goals for sales trips, trade shows, and Familiarization trips to achieve Hotel objectives for group sales.
- Accurately forecast pending business in the Hotel Management System (HMS).
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners, including counterparts at competing hotels.
- Understand and adhere to office procedures, including data entry into the group sales and catering software system.
- Work with BCO on all incoming Group contracts and Cvent responses
- Work with other departments within the resort to provide quality service to customers.
- Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s core values of Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
- Enhance the accuracy of the database by continuously refreshing accounts via ongoing prospecting.
- Produce, negotiate, and enforce terms and conditions of Group booking contracts, including the payment of deposits
- In conjunction with the GM, Controller and DOSM establish and execute group sales budgets, both revenue production and expense.
- Analyze all confirmed business by type of business, market segment, average rate, and revenue to be able to target the most profitable types of business to pursue. Develop new marketing material based on results (third party, pharmaceutical, etc).
- Analyze and draw conclusions from lost business, to ensure our facilities and pricing makes sense given the rapidly changing buying patterns and present to DOSM.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Attend weekly Rooms Merchandising meetings, and (in concert with the GM, Rooms Director, and Reservations Manager) ensure that optimum pricing is available to ensure correct volume/rate expectations across all market segments.
- Conduct secret sales shops of our competition and become familiar with their tactics to sell against us, as well as a check on their pricing.
- Knowledge of Gmail suite of products, Microsoft including Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a required.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.