Descrizione del lavoro
El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeking a talented Pastry Chef to be the leader of the pastry department, work in coordination with the Sous Chefs and Executive Chef and present leadership, drive, and vision for the department. Advanced knowledge of hands-on baking and pastry production. Prepares, bakes and garnishes various pastries desserts and confections for the Restaurant, Banquet or IRD use. Responsible for creation and execution of plated desserts, amenities, banquets, confections and show pieces with attention to cleanliness and sanitation, consistent quality standards and taste, timeliness and cost effectiveness. Will ensure that the food quality, portioning and presentation reflect on our promise for serving the best quality desserts, in a 5 star 5 diamond resort environment. This position will assist with training and skill set development for the entry-level pastry team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Works as part of the pastry team and supervises quality control and the proper and effective operation of the pastry kitchen and the pastry dessert line.
- Prepares food items according to El Encanto standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
- Complete projects on time with the appropriate amount of food and supplies for the projected business.
- Remain knowledgeable of proper taste and presentation of all menu items, in all departments.
- Ensure food production is to the highest standards.
- Promote and enforce standards of excellence and professionalism at all times.
- Ensure consistency of product.
- Takes initiative to solve any guest concerns and finds solutions for any situations.
- Assist in controlling food cost, preventing theft and monitoring waste.
- Opening and Closing station including proper cleaning procedures.
- Safely and properly clean and use equipment including personal knives and specialty equipment.
- Advocate work practices that promote accident prevention.
- Recognize maintenance requirements and deficiencies of kitchen equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of bakeshop, kitchen and equipment.
- Maintain inventory items, assist in receiving items and taking inventory.
- Ensure all foods are stored properly: wrapped, labeled, and dated with expiration dates.
- Monitor, ensure, and promote practices that comply with state, local, Food Safety, MSDS, OSHA and Health Department regulations.
- Assists Pastry Chef with preparation of daily production, dessert and amenity creation, wedding cakes, and show pieces.
- Assist the Pastry Chef in all aspects of training to include: cooking skills, safety procedures, sanitation, food production and HCC standards.
- Proper management delegation and training of pastry kitchen including but not limited to; wedding cakes, high tea, amenities, plated or banquet desserts, chocolate confections, and show pieces.
- Effective management for inventory control and purchasing.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.
Altre offerte consigliate
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Catalonia Hotels & Resorts
Ti interessa questa opportunità?