Cosa comprende il lavoro
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and Retail/Gift Shop, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and associates to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Team
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
· Ensures recognition of associates is taking place across areas of responsibility.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals.
· Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Supervises and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
· Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
· Manages associate progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Identifies and analyzes Front Office operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.